Thumbnail issues (using FF) (computer gurus needed!)

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited April 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
OK, I asked about this the other day and the reply didn't help.

Here is the issue(s):

On THIS computer, when I load the main page it takes forever to actually stop loading. I can see that not all of the page downloads by the simple fact that the pipes on the bottom of the page remain.

Second issue (the one that is really *&#$@$ me off): I can pick a gallery at randome and not all the elements load (the little down arrow on the page picker for example) nor do all of the thumbs load. The first photo in the gallery does not automatically load iether.

I've loaded the site with FF on two other computers and no issues. No issues using IE6/7 on this computer or the other two pooters so yea there is issues with THIS computer.

In FF 2.0.0.3 AND 2.0.0.2 does this.

I've tried:
  • Clearing cache
  • Clear browsing history
  • Clear authenticated sessions
  • Deleting cookies
  • Uninstalling 2.0.0.3 and reinstalling it
  • Uninstalling 2.0.0.3 and reinstalling 2.0.0.2
  • letting the page continue to load all the info to no avail
This is really driving me nuts! I KNOW it's something simple, I've had this issue in the past but for the life of me my brain did not retain the answer to this problem.

Could someone please save my sanity!! :crazy ( had a better smiley but it's not available on Dgrin!)

Derek

(oh, and yeah I'm having simular issues with other sites)

I've run virus scans and stuff like that too
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Any extensions running in FF? Disable them.
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Any extensions running in FF? Disable them.

(actually in this version they are 'add ons')

I actually did disable most of the them already - the ones I thought could be the culprit but obviously that didn't work. Apparently I had to follow your idea and disable them ALL.

Odd thing is, is that I've being running these extensions/add ons for a long time now with no issues. I might have to re enable them one at a time to find out which is the problem.

Thanks again Andy for the quick response and idea.

Derek
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."