She is 12

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited February 3, 2005 in People
and for Hallowe'en had dyed her hair bright orange. It had been blonde - really blonde! So, after 3 months of waiting for the temp color to wash out, I relented and let her get it professionally dyed.
15260711-M.jpg

She is getting so darned grown up!

ann

Comments

• GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,882 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Make sure you have a loaded shotgun behind the door mwink.gif as a "boy repellant" mwink.gif

Nice pic thumb.gif
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Mine is almost 10 . Ann they grow up so fast. I was/am lucky I was a stay at home Dad(Mr MoM) for her first 6 years.Great capture and good memoriesclap.gif .

2928504-M.jpg

Tim
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Great shot! Love the softness..
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    GSPeP wrote:
    Make sure you have a loaded shotgun behind the door mwink.gif as a "boy repellant" mwink.gif

Nice pic thumb.gif
    She has plenty of attitude - probably be her own boy repellant - just like her ma!!!!!

thanks
    ann
    edited February 3, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    Mine is almost 10 . Ann they grow up so fast. I was/am lucky I was a stay at home Dad(Mr MoM) for her first 6 years.Great capture and good memoriesclap.gif .

Hi Tim - beautiful girl! Lucky you for being able to spend time at home - we are lucky as well as we are self employed (sometimes in terms of pay cheques not so lucky) and so get to manage our time so we can spend lots of time with them.

ann
    edited February 3, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    Great shot! Love the softness..
    Thanks.
    I shot with the 85mm f1.8 - I just love that lens. (Of course, on the original you can see that her eyes are tack sharp. )

ann
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Lovely portrait
    Ann McRae wrote:
    and for Hallowe'en had dyed her hair bright orange. It had been blonde - really blonde! So, after 3 months of waiting for the temp color to wash out, I relented and let her get it professionally dyed.
    15260711-M.jpg

She is getting so darned grown up!

ann

Only 12, she looks older! <Sigh>. My "baby" grandson is now 4 and there's no way we can call him a baby anymore, he's a little boy. They do grow quickly.

Anyway the dye job looks great! My youngest adult daughter was going to dye her hair for halloween (Ma, it's a temporary color) thank heavens she ran out of time and didn't do it! Wait till I tell her your story!
  • Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2005
    Wow Ann!
    That's a really nice portrait of your daughter! :-)
    She sure has the cool looks, and a lovely smile! About her new hair color, I bet she loves it, doesn't she?

And I have to agree with you: time really flies... I think about that every time I see one of my (not so) little cousins... :-)

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 3, 2005
    OMG!! You and DH are in for trouble....lol
    Ann,
    She's a beauty and I agree with the comments about Daddy priming the shotgun. She's gonna be a heartbreaker. I'd keep her locked in her room until her 21st birthday :lol

I sympathize with you guys. We have a 15yo going on 21 ne_nau.gif As if that isn't bad enough, my wife and I are becoming dumber by the second :uhoh I didn't need a shotgun with her older sister, but with this one I may need weapons of mass destruction :lol

Nice pic and a beautiful daughter (who, like my girls, obviously takes after their Mom mwink.gif - J/K Mr Ann.....lol)

Good luck keeping the boyz away...lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited February 3, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    Only 12, she looks older! <Sigh>. My "baby" grandson is now 4 and there's no way we can call him a baby anymore, he's a little boy. They do grow quickly.

Anyway the dye job looks great! My youngest adult daughter was going to dye her hair for halloween (Ma, it's a temporary color) thank heavens she ran out of time and didn't do it! Wait till I tell her your story!
    Hi Dee. Thanks! Yep they grow fast - she is taller than me! My 14 yr old boy is 6'3". I still have one little one - he is 10!

The temp color was 'washes out in 8 shampoos', but it was also not recommended for blonde or grey hair. If she is anything like me, she has just started down a long road - and may never again know her natural color. I've only just discovered mine is a rather dark brown - with lots of grey highlights!!!!:D

ann
    edited February 3, 2005
    That's a really nice portrait of your daughter! :-)
    She sure has the cool looks, and a lovely smile! About her new hair color, I bet she loves it, doesn't she?

And I have to agree with you: time really flies... I think about that every time I see one of my (not so) little cousins... :-)

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    Thank you thiago. She does love the new color - I wonder what the boys think? umph.gif

ann
    edited February 3, 2005
    Ann,
    She's a beauty and I agree with the comments about Daddy priming the shotgun. She's gonna be a heartbreaker. I'd keep her locked in her room until her 21st birthday :lol

I sympathize with you guys. We have a 15yo going on 21 ne_nau.gif As if that isn't bad enough, my wife and I are becoming dumber by the second :uhoh I didn't need a shotgun with her older sister, but with this one I may need weapons of mass destruction :lol

Nice pic and a beautiful daughter (who, like my girls, obviously takes after their Mom mwink.gif - J/K Mr Ann.....lol)

Good luck keeping the boyz away...lol

Steve

Hey Steve - well heartbreaker....ballbreaker - we can't be sure! She is chalk full of sass!

Thanks Steve!

ann