Options

My first engagement shots

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited April 24, 2007 in Weddings
Took my first set of engagement photos this past weekend. I was certainly more nervous than the couple! Of course they wanted to really challenge me by shooting at the beach in white shirts!:cry

Any comments?

145831990-L.jpg

145419076-L.jpg

145419162-L.jpg

145835852-L.jpg

145419053-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Nice set Mitch! Looks like you rose to the "challenge". Beaches can be tough! It seems that such a great location should be a breeze, but not so. Number 2 is my favorite, I like their expressions. But I like number 1 for the composition and color. They should be pleased with these. thumb.gif
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    these rock! #1 and #2 are definitely my favorites.

I love the colors in 1, (this beach looks familiar....my first wedding ever was shot on belleair beach :D ) they look very relaxed and happy. #2 is my fave though, the harsh light is definitely better in BW, and they're both so happy, and the composition is perfect.

I think you did a good job of slow-sync flash in 3, its just not my fave of them. she looks pretty stiff, and he looks bored? (it happens!)

I like the last two, they're very sweet. I am jealous that you got to do sunset shots!!

thanks for sharing! :)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Nice set Mitch! Looks like you rose to the "challenge". Beaches can be tough! It seems that such a great location should be a breeze, but not so. Number 2 is my favorite, I like their expressions. But I like number 1 for the composition and color. They should be pleased with these. thumb.gif

Thanks for looking. I have a love/hate relationship with beach photos. It's a beautiful locale, but the lighting is challenging and constantly changing at sunset. The WB issues alone are frustrating.

I'm also afraid to start changing lenses with the breeze and sand flying around with the salty air. I just picked two lenses and put them on my two bodies.

#2 is also my favorite.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Seeing how well you did with these and the white shirts still have blown spots, I'm thinking I might ban white shirts under hot sun! Hmmm I wonder if I can sell that the B&G?

These are stunning! The expressions in #1 and #2 are wonderful. I like how you controlled/balanced flash and the sun in #3 and #4.
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    these rock! #1 and #2 are definitely my favorites.

I love the colors in 1, (this beach looks familiar....my first wedding ever was shot on belleair beach :D ) they look very relaxed and happy. #2 is my fave though, the harsh light is definitely better in BW, and they're both so happy, and the composition is perfect.

I think you did a good job of slow-sync flash in 3, its just not my fave of them. she looks pretty stiff, and he looks bored? (it happens!)

I like the last two, they're very sweet. I am jealous that you got to do sunset shots!!

thanks for sharing! :)

Lynn, you have an incredible eye for beaches! This is Sand Key just north of Belleair beach.

The sunset portraits are a mixed blessing. The lighting is really tough. I try to get enough fill without looking too "flashy"!

Your shots are really inspirational. Thanks for making me post these here.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    Lynn, you have an incredible eye for beaches! This is Sand Key just north of Belleair beach.

well, you are located in clearwater and the beach they're on wasn't "fake sand"....so it was a good guess! :):D
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers