Options

A few portraits of my kids

MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
edited April 24, 2007 in People
I do not shoot portraits very much and when I do, they are almost exclusively of my kids. I thought these turned out relatively well. The first is my son shot outside in harsh light. I clipped his head, but I still think it turned out well mostly because of his great smile. I hope he always keeps that smile. It seems to be a very loving smile. The other one is my daughter. She really knows how to work a camera. She wanted to show off a flower that was painted on her cheek at a local carnival. She did the head tilt. Pretty nice I think.

Ian3.jpg

Flower_girl.jpg

Comments

• Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Your kids are lovely! I love their smile lines! (right beside their mouths) So cute!
  • Options
    thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Your kids are lovely. it must be a pleasure photographing them, one thing, I took a look at your gallery and a lot of your images appear to be underexposed.

Maybe something you want to investigate further.

Charlie
  • Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    thebigsky wrote:
    Your kids are lovely. it must be a pleasure photographing them, one thing, I took a look at your gallery and a lot of your images appear to be underexposed.

Maybe something you want to investigate further.

Charlie

Hello, Charlie. Thanks for the kind comments. Did you look at my kids' gallery or other pictures as well? I tried some B&W photos of them almost two years ago when I first became interested in photography and those were underexposed for the most part. I also need to invest in a decent flash. The on board flash just doesn't cut it.

Thanks again for the comments and when composing my shots I need to learn to use the histogram more.