total # of qualifying challenges

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited April 26, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
None of the challenges so far have really "grabbed me." Does anyone have any idea of how many total qualifying rounds there are? If I don't enter this one, how many other chances wil I get?
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    None of the challenges so far have really "grabbed me." Does anyone have any idea of how many total qualifying rounds there are? If I don't enter this one, how many other chances wil I get?
    All the details, here in this sticky thread, right here in this forum: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=54952
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    There are a total of 20 qualifying rounds open to dgrin members. So I still have another 16 chances left to find a theme that interests you mwink.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    There are a total of 20 qualifying rounds open to dgrin members. So I still have another 16 chances left to find a theme that interests you mwink.gif

Der!

How about choosing my favorite theme "whatever I happened to get a great shot of this week."
    edited April 24, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Der!

How about choosing my favorite theme "whatever I happened to get a great shot of this week."

There are a number of those! You just have to be eligible for a semifinal or the Grand Finale! So, all you have to do is qualify once and then you get yaur wish mwink.gif
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    There are a number of those! You just have to be eligible for a semifinal or the Grand Finale! So, all you have to do is qualify once and then you get yaur wish mwink.gif

I know, but for some reason I seem to totally lack baraka. Every time there is a theme chosen, I took a picture that would be perfect for it, two days before the eligibility period started.:cry

And, obviously, you can't slide shots with "doctored" chronology past our good doctor.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    And, obviously, you can't slide shots with "doctored" chronology past our good doctor.

nod.gif

Don't even think about it lol3.gif

:gun2
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    Every time there is a theme chosen, I took a picture that would be perfect for it, two days before the eligibility period started.:cry
    Here's what you need to do: wait two days before taking that photo. mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

All kidding aside, I know that feeling. You can always try a reshoot and who knows, it may even turn out better than the earlier shot. You never know. ne_nau.gif
    edited April 25, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    I know, but for some reason I seem to totally lack baraka. Every time there is a theme chosen, I took a picture that would be perfect for it, two days before the eligibility period started.:cry

Well this is one of the things the contest is designed to help you with! If you were to shoot photography for a living, you would need to be able to shoot on demand. And you can't learn that skill if you sit out the contest waiting for just the right one to come along.

So start entering and working through the pain of failure. Only then will you start to grow your skills to shoot on demand and not just opportunistically. When you can shoot on demand, your own personal abilities grow as well and you will find more satisfaction and success because of it.
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    Well this is one of the things the contest is designed to help you with! If you were to shoot photography for a living, you would need to be able to shoot on demand. And you can't learn that skill if you sit out the contest waiting for just the right one to come along.

Maybe that's why I like the challenge of these type of contests so much... I have to be creative-on-demand daily and I love the thought process of coming up with an idea that someone else wants me to somehow showcase.

I can tell you, the amount of work I'm doing this time around is enough to allow me to pretend I'm getting paid - Laughing.gif - I have to organize and plan and schedule and try to get all the pieces to come together. If all goes well my shoot is tomorrow so I hope to be sharing the story soon!
    So start entering and working through the pain of failure. Only then will you start to grow your skills to shoot on demand and not just opportunistically. When you can shoot on demand, your own personal abilities grow as well and you will find more satisfaction and success because of it.

I couldn't agree more. The amount you learn just by venturing outside your comfort zone is invaluable, and the best prize of them all!
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    DRabbit wrote:
    The amount you learn just by venturing outside your comfort zone is invaluable, and the best prize of them all!
    Hear, hear! deal.gifthumb.gif
    Nicely said, Amy! clap.gifiloveyou.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"