custom domain with pro account only?

jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
edited April 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I thought when I first got my pro account both power and pro users could use custom domain names. When I downgraded from pro to power a few weeks ago my custom domain was allowed to stay. Now that godaddy kinda hosed me (long negative story...not the time or place:rolleyes) I'm wondering if I should pay for another domain name and if I can use it with my power account. The Smug Mug pages for sure mention that pro users can have custom domains but the power description makes no mention of it that I could appreciate:dunno

Thanks!

-j

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Hello,

I thought when I first got my pro account both power and pro users could use custom domain names. When I downgraded from pro to power a few weeks ago my custom domain was allowed to stay. Now that godaddy kinda hosed me (long negative story...not the time or placerolleyes1.gif) I'm wondering if I should pay for another domain name and if I can use it with my power account. The Smug Mug pages for sure mention that pro users can have custom domains but the power description makes no mention of it that I could appreciatene_nau.gif

Thanks!

-j
    Jeff, it's a pro feature only on SmugMug.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts
  • jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Jeff, it's a pro feature only on SmugMug.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts

Thanks for the quick reply. Has it always been this way? And if so why was I allowed to keep mine when I downgraded?headscratch.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Thanks for the quick reply. Has it always been this way?
    Yes.
    And if so why was I allowed to keep mine when I downgraded?headscratch.gif
    Because we're not evil :D
  • jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Yes.
    Because we're not evil :D

True. Quite the opposite in fact:D Wish some of that buisness model would rub off on my former domain hoster:gun2

Thanks again!