Bypass security / privacy settings for admin user

mrraymrray Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited April 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello All,

I havea pro account and most of my galleries use the right click protection, block originals, block access to large versions, and for some watermarking. Each gallery also uses a separate password. Is there any way for my main account to bypass these settings when logged in and viewing photos. Basically we want to avoid having to upload photos to two galleries, but have the protection based on if the user is logged in with the admin account.

thanks
marc

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Hi, there is not a way to have your photos not right click protected for you, as logged in user, I'm sorry.
  • mrraymrray Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Thanks for the amazingly quick reply. Any chance some sort of feature like this is in the cooker? Or maybe someone has a suggestion. We have a photographer shoot all our concerts and as a department we own the originals. But our students are to only get access to proofs of the shots to order prints from the photographer himself. So we would like to have one gallery locked down unless you are the admin. However I guess we could use two galleries with different privacy settings, but i am assuming there is no way to link to the same originals and this would require two uploads.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Hi, yes - use 2 galleries, one for you, one for the students. I'm sorry we don't have a different answer for you...
  • mrraymrray Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    No problem Andy and thanks for the quick replies. It adds a bit more work but luckily we have the bandwidth to support the extra uploads. Also our photographer already gives us watermarked version for the public albums.

Thanks
    Marc
  • scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    mrray wrote:
    No problem Andy and thanks for the quick replies. It adds a bit more work but luckily we have the bandwidth to support the extra uploads. Also our photographer already gives us watermarked version for the public albums.

Thanks
    Marc

If I remember correctly, the right click is handled by javascript , so you could use something like this, Quickjava enable/disabler:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1237

to quickly enable/disable javascript.

-Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com