SmugMug issues on Tuesday or was it me?

jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
edited May 4, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Greetings !!

I was wondering if there was any issues yesterday (4/24) between 10am edst and 2pm edst? I had a few folks say they timed out attempting to access my site as well as others saying that if they were already in, photos were loading slow if at all. I was also told that past 3pm or so, everything seemed to be normal

It may have just been my site. In looking (sorry, but I am just flat out amazed) I have had almost 200,000 hits (smugmug stats) as well as almost 28,000 pageloads (statcounter stats) just this month!!

Things were fine for me last evening as well as today so.. not a problem.

No complaints!! ..just curious ! Keep up the great work!!

SmugMug rocks! :wink

my site is jwwwebdesign.smugmug.com

thanks and take care!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Hi, there were no issues yesterday, with our Site or servers. Sounds like some sort of communication issue between them and us, could have been a local telco type thing.
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, there were no issues yesterday, with our Site or servers. Sounds like some sort of communication issue between them and us, could have been a local telco type thing.

Yeah.. I never gave that a thought since I didn't experience it myself.

Dang.. and I was really hoping it was me. :) ..just kidding.

Thanks Andy!
  • ArminArmin Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 3, 2007
    Yes, on Tuesday and Wednesday of THIS week there were several people in D.C. who could not load my smugmug page, timed out or very slow to load, if at all. One of my friends is still having issues this morning, yet myself and another person can load my page at normal speed from our homes. What's odd is that my wife had the same problem in her D.C. office, but was able to view someone else's smugmug page at normal speed... headscratch.gif I too told them that it maybe a local network issue for them (D.C. area). Then my parents in Florida said they could not view it either day as well. Anyone ideas?
    edited May 3, 2007
    Armin wrote:
    Anyone ideas?
    Internet connectivity between your ISP and us, it's rare but it can happen.
    edited May 4, 2007
    My contacts in D.C. & Florida are still having issues with my smugmug page timing out, but they can view just about everyone else's smugmug page. Perhaps you could take a look at mine and see if you encounter any issues as well?

Thanks.

http://a-d-photography.smugmug.com/

headscratch.gif
    edited May 4, 2007
    Armin wrote:
    My contacts in D.C. & Florida are still having issues with my smugmug page timing out, but they can view just about everyone else's smugmug page. Perhaps you could take a look at mine and see if you encounter any issues as well?

Thanks.

headscratch.gif
    I'll ask someone to look - you have a TON of customization, none of which we're familiar with :)
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 4, 2007
    Armin wrote:

Thanks.

headscratch.gif

Hi :)

Your site totally locked up for me using Internet Explorer.

I'm not entirely sure what is causing the major problem, because I am not familiar with most of the code; however, I think you should take some time and change some of your customization around a bit. Almost all of your code is in your head tag, which is not correct. The javascript code should either be in the javascript box or header or footer boxes. The CSS code should be in the CSS box.

We'll have a better idea of how to fix it once everything is in it's correct place. Sorry!
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited May 4, 2007
    Thanks for the support! I'll take a look at the code and make the necessary changes. thumb.gif