Options

Delkin ExpressCard/34 CF reader

greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
edited April 25, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
Anyone using the Delkin ExpressCard/34 CF reader with your MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Seems like it would be preferable to having to deal with the cord needed with a USB or Firewire reader. Although at $60 seems like a bit much for a CF reader, and it looks like Delkin is the only one who makes a ExpressCard/34 CF reader.
Andrew
initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    Anyone using the Delkin ExpressCard/34 CF reader with your MacBook or MacBook Pro?

Seems like it would be preferable to having to deal with the cord needed with a USB or Firewire reader. Although at $60 seems like a bit much for a CF reader, and it looks like Delkin is the only one who makes a ExpressCard/34 CF reader.
    It depends on what you want, really. Personally, if i'm going to be carrying around gear, I wouldn't mind bringing a cord.

The good thing about card readers with a cord is that it usually works on more computers, including desktops. The macbook doesn't have an expresscard slot for example so you can't use it with that.

If you want little to carry , i say go for that. if you want fast speeds and use it on other computers as well, may look into a firewire reader like Sandisk's for instance.

In the end, they all seem to work.
  • Options
    greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    It depends on what you want, really. Personally, if i'm going to be carrying around gear, I wouldn't mind bringing a cord.

The good thing about card readers with a cord is that it usually works on more computers, including desktops. The macbook doesn't have an expresscard slot for example so you can't use it with that.

If you want little to carry , i say go for that. if you want fast speeds and use it on other computers as well, may look into a firewire reader like Sandisk's for instance.

In the end, they all seem to work.

I have a couple of USB CF readers, but I hate the cords.

Fewer cords to manage = better.
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    greenpea wrote:
    I have a couple of USB CF readers, but I hate the cords.

Fewer cords to manage = better.
    In that case, providing your lappy has an expesscard port, i say go for it thumb.gif