Smug Mug problem or elsewhere

MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited April 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have been receiving a few complaints about something and I have no answer weher the problem may be coming from.

Here is the issue - I am the event photographer for a regional mountain bike race series. They have a link to my website from theirs. Click on the link on the website and you are directed to my website. The problem occurs when hitting the back button on the internet browser to go back to the original website and you are not able to. You get stuck at my web site which is not bad :), but annoying. Would like to see about solving this.

Here is the link to the Mountain Bike Seriew website
http://www.masuperseries.com/

Click on the "Race Photos" tab in the Nav bar then click on my banner or the hyper link. You will now be in my website. Now use the back button to go back to the MASuperseries website and you get stuck.

Is this a SM problem or a MASuperseries website problem??

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited April 25, 2007
    For whatever it's worth, I just tried the sequence you specified in your post. Went to the race site, clicked race photos, clicked on your site and was taken to your smugmug galleries. Then I clicked the back button in the browser and was successfully returned to the other site. I'm running IE7.

I suspect someone else has the real answer, but in case another experience helps...

--- Denise
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Click on the "Race Photos" tab in the Nav bar then click on my banner or the hyper link. You will now be in my website.
    Not quite true. You are not on your website until you click the link from that page, after clicking "Race Photos" then click the link THEN you are on your site, http://mlkimages.smugmug.com/2007%20Sports/248076

It's working fine for me, too ne_nau.gif
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    I tried it too. Back worked a couple times form your site but then flashed their site before
    yours showed. Noticed on their page the link is the same for their front page
    and race photo page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog