Keyword Search resulted in SMUGMUG.com gallery with my photos and other Photographers

MaxThompsonMaxThompson Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited April 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Is this normal...first I thought I was seeing double?eek7.gif
    http://www.smugmug.com/keyword/all/background/1/146344482#731170

It looks as if you are doing a keyword search of the entirety of smugmug, rather than just your site...
  • MaxThompsonMaxThompson Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    PBolchover wrote:
    It looks as if you are doing a keyword search of the entirety of smugmug, rather than just your site...
    Actually the search was on google - I searched for picassomax.com and this is one of the URL's that I came up.

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1.THO/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg[/IMG]pm.jpg
    Max

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Sure it's normal.

Google search is based on lots of secret sauce, but some of it is the relevance of the pages.. and your keyword has LOTS of relevance on the smugmug global keyword page. Less so, on your picassomax domain.

See my pro tips (linked in my signature) for some great search findability tips....
  • MaxThompsonMaxThompson Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Thanks Andy...Got it. If someone buys a photo from the generic gallery - I'm sure the settings (cost, order delay, etc.) on that photo goes to the owner - right?
    Max

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Thanks Andy...Got it. If someone buys a photo from the generic gallery - I'm sure the settings (cost, order delay, etc.) on that photo goes to the owner - right?
    Yup thumb.gif