Finally and early ll game, 2nd try C&C please

j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
edited April 26, 2007 in Sports
My son had an early LL game last week and I got a few shots before the lights came on. This is my 2nd attempt as last one was at night. Shooting through fence is my only option and it's a full fence up and down sidelines.

Thinking of getting a 1.4 extender for future shots.

Yes those uniforms are drab/ugly! :huh

C&C please.

146903713-M-1.jpg

145375972-M-3.jpg

145376606-M-3.jpg

Comments

• DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Nicely done! #1 I like that type of shot with the ball at the release point, exposures look good, backgrounds look good except with #3 the ear and cap that show on the right side is a bit distracting to me. Nice work, a 1.4 TC would be a nice addition to shooting field sports.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • slapshotslapshot Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    j-bo wrote:
    Shooting through fence is my only option and it's a full fence up and down sidelines.

If the fence is not too high, you may want to consider bringing a step ladder and shoot over the fence. I have seen this done at roller hockey and ice hockey games. I always shot from the bench, so have never tried it myself.

Which leads me to my second suggestion. Ask the coaches/umpire if you can shoot from the dugouts or even somewhere inside the fence. If they balk, you could offer free photos for the teams. More likely than not, they will let you inside the fence.
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    good job thumb.gif ...through the fence is tough..it's good for head on pitcher shots but not for fielding & hitting...get a step ladder...you might feel like a dork but you're gonna like the shots more. you'll be able to move the camera freely.. I take one myself. I shoot my 500mm over centerfield wall.
    The umps give me access to shoot the high school softball but if they didn't I'd just move it along 1st or 3rd & shoot over.
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the fence is 12' high all the way past the dugouts! I can go about 30' past 3rd base or 1st base and the fence is only 6' high there, but I don't have long enough lens yet. Plus, at that angle, I don't think I could get much action for 9-10 yr olds.

This is a very strict league as far as whom can go where. Noone inside the fence except officials or team personnel! The coach said he could put me as a coach, but it would not pass to well with officials as I coach and snap photo's at the same time. rolleyes1.gif

I didn't even notice the ear/cap!! A simple fix though, thanks for pointing that out!