Options

Old Wagon

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited April 28, 2007 in Landscapes
Curious what you all think of this.

EDIT: Image removed. See [url=htp://darphotos.smugmug.com]my gallery[/url] for images.

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Hmm... It is kind of hard to describe how I feel about this picture but here goes.

I like the detail of the wheel and that you have most of the wagon with slightly out of focus.

A few things really hurt the picture- as far as for me-
    1. The wood on the rt is distracting- with it being blown out it removes attention from the wheel which is the focus of the picture.

2.I would like to see more of the wheel not just the top half- give me more! Atleast 2/3 rather than 1/2

3. I get the feeling I am being pushed off the rt side. The wheel is so prominent it makes a strong border that makes it hard to get to the other side. With the wheel going almost all the way to the top of the photo it prevents the eyes from moving through the whole picture. The from wheel is at a linear angle which is leading but is so close to the rt edge I feel it is leading me off the page.

4. Once you get to the otehr side of the wheel the white fence is distracting which takes attention away from the metal piece (brake?)

Suggestion: reshoot from a different angle with more of the wheel. This angle can work but make sure the back wheel is not so close to the top of the page and move it to the far left so it leads you into the picture and not off it.

Hope atleast some of that makes sense. :D

Aaron
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2007
    Thanks for the comments, Aaron. Very helpful.

Can't really reshoot this, but this is a crop of one that shows almost all of the front wheel. I will repost another version later.
  • Options
    argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Have you thought of trying a B/W conversion? It may give the image that antique, old-time feel. Just my two cents.
    "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer
  • Options
    3n-out3n-out Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    I like it. It is a good pic to me. Although there may not be much meaning - I think the story behind this wagon is something we'll never know. That's what captivates me.
    If you don't have creative enthusiasum all you have is a camera in your hands!

My Webpage - http://www.3n-out.com
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2007
    argyle wrote:
    Have you thought of trying a B/W conversion? It may give the image that antique, old-time feel. Just my two cents.

I've been looking at various treatments, but none strike me as looking good yet. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2007
    3n-out wrote:
    I like it. It is a good pic to me. Although there may not be much meaning - I think the story behind this wagon is something we'll never know. That's what captivates me.

Thanks for the comments