Force keywords updates?

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited April 26, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I searched, but couldn't find this. I changed some photo's keywords and they don't show up yet. I mean, they are on the photos but there's no keyword hits for the word yet.

I assume there's some index that needs to get regenerated - when does that happen? Once a day? Is there a way to force it to update when large changes are made?

[edit]Crap, I meant this to be in the Support forum, feel free to move it as needed...[/edit]

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Hi DJ,

Link, example, and the keywords used?

Thanks!
  • DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2007
    Here's the linky page (a work in progress - it's ugly right now)

Here's the gallery with the keywords in question (for example, "phillies")

When you click the link for the Phillies in the first page, you get no hits. ALso "phillies" doesn't show up in the keywords list yet. I changed those keywords maybe 2 hours ago or so. I just figured it only updates at certain times, but maybe I made a dumb mistake?
    edited April 25, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    but maybe I made a mistake?

nod.gif but it's okay :D

http://davidjames.smugmug.com/keyword/phillies#145521801
    I added phillies and it's instantly there.

Prior to me adding, your keywords looked like this:

"t-ball, warren little league, phillies, baseball"

Should be:

t-ball, warren little league, phillies, baseball
    edited April 25, 2007
    Sweet! Here's what I did:

I did a bulk keyword edit to the gallery, selected them all and put this in (no quotes entered):

T-ball, warren little league, phillies, baseball

then I previewed it and saved it.

Then later I added 2007 the same way.

As you can see, they ended up with quotes around the 2 sets. How should I have done it, no commas? If so, then how do I get warren lilltle league to be one item not three?
    edited April 26, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Sweet! Here's what I did:

I did a bulk keyword edit to the gallery, selected them all and put this in (no quotes entered):

T-ball, warren little league, phillies, baseball

then I previewed it and saved it.

Then later I added 2007 the same way.

As you can see, they ended up with quotes around the 2 sets. How should I have done it, no commas? If so, then how do I get warren lilltle league to be one item not three?
    enter each word, individually in the bulk edit screen. Preview each. Then you won't have the extra quotes.
    edited April 26, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    enter each word, individually in the bulk edit screen. Preview each. Then you won't have the extra quotes.
    Hey, go to bed! I'm going too.

But not before I fooled around more (checked out Brandolino's site too), turns out the problem (AFAICT) is 2007. If 2007 is in the string, it puts in the quotes. If you just use words, no quotes. Sorry for all the dumb questions, I didn't realize it works that way - I thought it put the quotes in automagically because it needed them there.

Everything works now, I just need to pretty it up a bit. Thanks for the all the help! thumb.gif