LPS#4 Intelligent Design

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited April 26, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I played around with with quite a few ideas. Usually I try not to mix 2 themes together, but in this case I think it had to be done =c) Now I still have to do quite a bit of PP, but I want to know what you guys think about the compositions. Don't mind the oversaturation and the imprefections. Any advice is always apreciated.

P4250481_1_resize.jpg

P4250490_1_resize.jpg

P4250495_1_resize.jpg

P4250502_1_resize.jpg

P4250512_1_resize.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Which one? 8 votes

25% 2 votes
0% 0 votes
25% 2 votes
12% 1 vote
37% 3 votes

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    I'm leaning towards #4
    I like this composition overall. I'd like to see the wax thingy a bit more as it blends in with the white a bit too much...other than that, I like it as is.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    I played around with with quite a few ideas. Usually I try not to mix 2 themes together, but in this case I think it had to be done =c) Now I still have to do quite a bit of PP, but I want to know what you guys think about the compositions. Don't mind the oversaturation and the imprefections. Any advice is always apreciated.
    I voted #3.
    #3 and #5 are the only ones with the clean borders. For "design" theme I think it's important to show the "tabula rasa" of the white paper/canvas.

Between the #3 and #5 I have chosen #3 because it's more highkey, again melting with the ultimate white of the paper and the concept of having something "divine" (i.e. intelligent design). I'd even play with some sort of glow to imcrease this message (just not too much)

Very nice idea in any case:-)

PS.

What is that yellowish translucent object doing here? I don't get it at all ne_nau.gif

PPS

I would have also replaced the strawberry in the drawing with the blended picture of THE strawberry. Vanishing Point to the rescue! deal.giflol3.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    That object looks much cooler in my head. It's actually a partial carving of a strawberry from stone. I'm gonna see if i can enhance it a bit. Thanks for the feedback guys =c)
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    That object looks much cooler in my head. It's actually a partial carving of a strawberry from stone. I'm gonna see if i can enhance it a bit. Thanks for the feedback guys =c)

Wow. I didn't see that at all. I think the carving ought to be front and center with all the other components as supporting actors. Rather than using the flat light you have now, try a more directional light source to reval the form of the carving. One possiblity is to use a desktop halogen and actually place the light source in the frame as one of the actors in your composition. Including the light souce often makes an image look a little less clinical.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    number 5
    5 definately! you must inhance the stone carving though... I had no idea that is what it was... great idea and exicution!

Winston
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    5 definately! you must inhance the stone carving though... I had no idea that is what it was... great idea and exicution!

Winston

15524779-Ti.gif

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
    edited April 26, 2007
    I'm gonna work on another angle but meanwhile I wanted to share these 2 with you.

512_berry_SMALL.jpg

tighter crop

512_berry_SMALL_crop.jpg
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    I'm gonna work on another angle but meanwhile I wanted to share these 2 with you.
    tighter crop

#1 out of these two for me, please! mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited April 26, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    #1 out of these two for me, please! mwink.gif

Any significant fixes you can suggest or is it perfect mwink.gif
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    I think the carving belongs in the front as it is the work in progress. You might prop up the drawing in the background which will give you some flexibility to lower the camera angle.