Options

First Post

vt1122vt1122 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
edited April 30, 2007 in Sports
This shot is from Sundays pre-season (friendly) game between the Nordic u11's and Plattsburg u12's played at Plattsburg State college. Nordic 9-2
146650920-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    Really like the capture, but B&W doesn't work for me in this image. Do you still have the color version?
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2007
    color version
    johng wrote:
    Really like the capture, but B&W doesn't work for me in this image. Do you still have the color version?

Here is the color version. First try at b/w C&C always welcome.146650834-M.jpg
  • Options
    j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    I'm no soccer guy, but maybe a tighter crop and a small bumpin saturation. They both need a tan! j/k.
  • Options
    TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    Not a soccer guy either, but I really like the way you've captured the action - its really easy to tell what's going on here. I think a crop framing tighter on the two players would help out here. I liked the original black and white, but I think a bit of curve tweaking is in order to open up those shadow areas a lot more.

Oh yeah, and welcome!clap.gif
    http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L
  • Options
    SteveSamSteveSam Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    I like the shot. Good action. But - who's looking for a tan...check out the school - Plattsburg - a little far North. The snow has been gone from this area for just a week now. Hope to see more of these as the season gets into full swing! Our May Day Tournament is this weekend. I will post shots early next week. Don't expect any tans.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2007
    SteveSam wrote:
    I like the shot. Good action. But - who's looking for a tan...check out the school - Plattsburg - a little far North. The snow has been gone from this area for just a week now. Hope to see more of these as the season gets into full swing! Our May Day Tournament is this weekend. I will post shots early next week. Don't expect any tans.

Thanks for the comments. Just trying out capture nx with the b/w. Your right about thr tans. Bright sun on winter white skin. One more with a tighter crop. Just received 1.7 teleconverter. Hopefully can try it out his weekend.
    147196899-M.jpg
  • Options
    jbr13jbr13 Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    That is one thing I really like about NX...hit the warmer slider up a few clicks, and the tan skin tone comes in nicely. Plus it doesn't seem to make everything else look off color.

I liked the black and white a little better, just maybe brighten it just a little.

Jason
    Jason

http://jbr.smugmug.com/

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced... Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice"
  • Options
    j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Someone told me, "don't crop so it makes a square image". I've been trying to heed that advice. Just passing that along.

If you don't mind, I'll post my thought on your image. Let me know.

And... I was j/k on the tan thing.
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2007
    j-bo wrote:
    Someone told me, "don't crop so it makes a square image". I've been trying to heed that advice. Just passing that along.

If you don't mind, I'll post my thought on your image. Let me know.

And... I was j/k on the tan thing.

I missed the j/k on your first post. Sorry
    Square crop is probably not the best for printing, but I think it works here.
    Your thoughts are always welcome.