Options

Ginger

2»

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Ginger, sorry I didn't see this thread sooner.
    Hope your home real soon, all the best ........ Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 4, 2007

Dear Lord, Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick under your care and humbly ask that you restore your servant to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge your will and know that whatever you do, you do for the love of us. Amen.

Ginger:

We pray for your speedy recovery and hope that you have joined us back here at the forums quickly.
  • Options
    MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Ginger is a "Woodie" (Kingswood School). They are tough as nails. Get well, Ginger.
  • Options
    ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Gingers Diagnosis
    Here tis

Wegener's Granulomatosis Disease..It is rare She is being trasnefeerd to Roper Hospital this morning to get the care that is necessary.

Starting her on steriods is probably the only thing that kept her alive, but would not have cured her, or better word, brought her home. So while this sounds bad as of yesterday the Dr's were saying they might never know what was wrong, it is a very good thing they now know.

Link to more info

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/healthscience/healthtopics/wegener/default.htm
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Finally!
    This breakthrough in her treatment is what I have been praying for and most hopeful that they find.

This is very promising news.

Ginger please know, you have so many souls sending you positive energy right now. May that energy strengthen you and make you well.

A celebration will be in order when you are able to once again continue your passion we all share.

Thank you Thusie for keeping us aware of the fragile situation.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Gods speed Ginger
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Thusie wrote:
    Here tis

Wegener's Granulomatosis Disease..It is rare She is being trasnefeerd to Roper Hospital this morning to get the care that is necessary.

Starting her on steriods is probably the only thing that kept her alive, but would not have cured her, or better word, brought her home. So while this sounds bad as of yesterday the Dr's were saying they might never know what was wrong, it is a very good thing they now know.

Link to more info

http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/healthscience/healthtopics/wegener/default.htm

What a relief for the family and doctors to finally have an answer. Even though it sounds very serious, they can proceed with appropriate treatment in addition to life-saving measures. Good news indeed. Thanks again, Thusie. God's healing to you Ginger!
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,821 moderator
    edited May 4, 2007
    Well I'm late but glad to see, not too late.

Wonderful news of improvement, but I know she still has a way to go. Please let her know that the journey back to health is accompanied by my own thoughts, as well as those of all of us who feel like we know Ginger personally through her images and writings.

Best wishes Ginger and hoping for a speedy and complete recovery.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    just saw this thread
    Well I am glad there is a chance......sending healing Reiki Energy her way.....GET WELL SOON GINGER.....the show must go on.........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Good news that they now have a diagnosis. I cared for a patient with this disease this past year - at the time of diagnosis (first diagnosed as pneumonia), she was quite ill. She's now doing well. It can be quite serious but I pray that Ginger has the same good fortune.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2007
    Ginger-Not good
    The Dr called this morning to tell the family Gingers condition is deteriorating quickly and the family better come down.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Thusie wrote:
    The Dr called this morning to tell the family Gingers condition is deteriorating quickly and the family better come down.

We're there with ya Ginger!
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    We are all with you, Ginger. All the best.
  • Options
    dickdick Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    This stinks - get better Ginger
    edited May 5, 2007
    Oh dear, oh dear. That's frightening. I hope she can sense the smugmug community rooting for her to fight her way back.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2007
    Please go to the first post in the thread
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    I do not cry very often,

today is one of those days....

The memories of Ginger or G as we affectionately called her will live within my heart,
    her images, her sense of humor and her determination and spirit will always be remembered.

My condolences for Ginger's family and all her friends that knew her.
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    I'm so sorry for your and gingers families loss thusie. I know you were good friends. Today is indeed a sad day, Gingers love for photography, and life was and will always be an inspiration for me.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    This is a terrible loss - Ginger was a very sweet person and a very talented photographer. She will be sorely missed. :cry
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    You will be missed Ginger! iloveyou.gif

She was going to be a judge for LPS#4 before she got sick. So I would like to leave here the comments I left describing her work:

Ginger_55: http://upacreekphotography.smugmug.com/
    Gingers work is teeming with life, color, and light. Many of her photos remind me of classic paintings and even scenes out of a fantasy movie. Her compositions are often the definition of graceful.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    A. KausA. Kaus Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Godspeed, Ginger. You will be terribly missed.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited May 5, 2007
    I am at a loss for words.

Rest In Peace. Godspeed to you Ginger.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Let's post over here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=60680

I closed this thread.
This discussion has been closed.