Options

Calenders...I know its early, but

MichaelKirkMichaelKirk Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited April 26, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
I am planning on offering calenders for next year - actually several different options. Right now I am putting photos aside for each that I plan on using. Since SM does not offer calenders, where is a prefered site that offers calenders - decent quality at a resonable prices? Reason I am asking this early is I am pretty busy in the fall and want to get everything set up throughout the summer so by the time fall rolls around I will have most of the work completed and ready to sell.

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    I am planning on offering calenders for next year - actually several different options. Right now I am putting photos aside for each that I plan on using. Since SM does not offer calenders, where is a prefered site that offers calenders - decent quality at a resonable prices? Reason I am asking this early is I am pretty busy in the fall and want to get everything set up throughout the summer so by the time fall rolls around I will have most of the work completed and ready to sell.
    Do you want to go the print-on-demand route which is a higher single unit price but no up front costs, or do you want to have your calendars printed in bulk and then sell them (yourself or via retail)--which is a high up front cost but the per unit price is much less.

Last year I had great results and success with lulu.com's print-on-demand service, in fact I'm still getting sales for my 2007 calendar (link below). Do to the success and interest I am receiving, this year I'm planning on having calendars printed in bulk and then selling them via retail channels. My goal is to have the calendar ready for sale in late September.

I had no intention of doing a calendar until I was looking around for one to use myself this year and didn't find anything so I decided why not make my own. I did very little word of mouth marketing (starting around December 15) and my sales results were more than I expected.

For bulk printing, I'm seriously looking at http://www.printplace.com/printing/calendar-printing.aspx
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    Hi

I used lulu last year, and am pleased with the quality. I also want to get my act together earlier this year, and put together a 16 month version as well.

Be sure to get your proofs before you give the go ahead to publish.

ann

Thanks,
    Michael