No PSCS3 for education?

David TaylorDavid Taylor Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited April 27, 2007 in Finishing School
Does anybody know if Adobe is releasing an education version of PSCS3? I know they have the education CS3 Extended version, but I don't need all the other added bits. Plus it would cost me more to upgrade in the years ahead. :dunno

Comments

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    The standard version is available at journeyed.com if that's what you are looking for.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    Does anybody know if Adobe is releasing an education version of PSCS3? I know they have the education CS3 Extended version, but I don't need all the other added bits. Plus it would cost me more to upgrade in the years ahead. ne_nau.gif

I just got off the phone with the Apple representative for the NYCDOE and was asking him this very thing. His response was that the extended is the version to order if one is trying to just get CS3 - even though as you point out it includes more than just CS3.
    I probably didnt answer your question but i was in the mood to reply..

troy
  • David TaylorDavid Taylor Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    The standard version is available at journeyed.com if that's what you are looking for.

I checked there BB, but didn't see it. Do you have a link??
    edited April 26, 2007
    windoze wrote:
    I just got off the phone with the Apple representative for the NYCDOE and was asking him this very thing. His response was that the extended is the version to order if one is trying to just get CS3 - even though as you point out it includes more than just CS3.
    I probably didnt answer your question but i was in the mood to reply..

troy

Me thinks this is cunning Adobe plan to lock educators into costlier upgrade path....:cry
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    Me thinks this is cunning Adobe plan to lock educators into costlier upgrade path....:cry

Could be. Another option would be to buy the CS2 education version (or full version-- still available for $300 US in many places or with a Wacom tablet coupon) and get the $200 upgrade to CS3? Yeah, that's 500-bucks, but still cheaper than buying CS3 alone, I think. Okay, okay, that's not really as cheap as a $300 education version...

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2007
    I checked there BB, but didn't see it. Do you have a link??

I probably misunderstood what you are looking for based on my own needs and knowledge of Adobe products. I assumed you were referring to the standard vs. extended suite (as in "C"reative "S"uite "3"). Adobe makes it confusing, don't they?

Now I know there is a standard and extended standalone photoshop...
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
    edited April 26, 2007
    I asked the same Q on the Adobe PS forum, and if I get an answer I'll post it here for others who might be interested.
    edited April 27, 2007
    Update
    FWIW...The feedback I got indicated that the only "full" version for edu is the "extended" one. So I just went out and got it...:D
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    David,
    When I was working for a local University and wanted PSCS...I looked at the educational versions and decided to purchase a "full" version from
    ACADEMIC SUPERSTORE ....It was cheaper than the other stores "educational" versions (which were not FULL versions)....sounds like the extended version is a full version of CS3+...at academic superstore it is only 289 and change.....if you have any type of school ID...you can purchase from them...you don't have to be a student or teacher....any support staff can also order at their great prices.

Good luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    According to the academic software buyer at the university I work for, only PS CS3 extended is available with academic pricing. However, the academic pirce on the extended version is the same price they were selling PS CS2 for.
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange