Is the system funky tonight?

dbarnett66dbarnett66 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited April 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I see my thumbnailson the left hand side in my photo galleries, but I can't get a larger picture to the right when I click on the thumbnail. I did nothing to change settings or software. Any ideas?

Comments

• brncr6brncr6 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Same here.
    dbarnett66 wrote:
    I see my thumbnailson the left hand side in my photo galleries, but I can't get a larger picture to the right when I click on the thumbnail. I did nothing to change settings or software. Any ideas?

Just Got an e-mail from a person looking to buy photo but they told me they would like to see it larger 1st, I looked and no med. size photo on the right side of any Gallerys.

Please help.

Thanks, Brian.
  • BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 27, 2007
    dbarnett66 wrote:

Hi :)

Can you try a couple of things to see if it will help?

First, make sure you have the latest version of java installed.

Java can be downloaded here:

For Firefox:

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp

For Internet Explorer:

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Also, can you please clear your cache and delete your browser cookies to see if that resolves the issue?

For Internet Explorer 7:

1. From the *|Tools|* menu, select *|Internet Options... |*.
    2. Choose the *|General|* tab.
    3. Under *|Browsing history|*, click *|Delete... |*.
    4. Next to "Temporary Internet Files", click *|Delete files... |*.
    5. Next to "Cookies", click *|Delete cookies... |*.
    5. Click *|Close|*, and then click *|OK|* to exit.

Clearing cache for Internet Explorer 6:

1. From the *|Tools|* menu, select *|Internet Options... |*.
    2. Choose the *|General|* tab.
    3. In the "Temporary Internet Files" section, click *|Delete
    Files... |*.
    4. To confirm the deletion, click *|OK|*.
    5. In the |Internet Options| dialog box, click *|OK|*.

Clearing cookies for Internet Explorer:

1. Within IE, go to *Tools | Internet Options*.
    2. Click *Delete Cookies*.
    3. Click *OK*.

Clearing cache for Firefox 2:
    From the *|Tools|* menu, select *|Clear Private Data|*, and then choose *|Cache|*.

Clearing cookies for Firefox 2:

1. Open Firefox and go to * Tools | Options*.
    2. Click *Privacy*.
    3. Click the "Show Cookies" button and then click the *Remove All
    Cookies* button.

Let us know if you continue to have the problem.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
    edited April 27, 2007
    What about
    Pepole that want to view my photos must they have to try all of this to work for them?
    edited April 27, 2007
    Something works
    brncr6 wrote:
    Pepole that want to view my photos must they have to try all of this to work for them?

Didn't do anything but now The Med. size photos are back again.
  • dbarnett66dbarnett66 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2007
    dbarnett66 wrote:

I did what Barb recommended and I am back to normal. I deleted all temporary internet files and upadated to the latest version of java script. I can't tell you which one worked, as I did both at the same time.

Thanks for your help. I have medium, large and original available to me now.
  • chockochocko Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2007
    I cleared the cache in both MSIE and Firefox, restarted the browsers and that fixed it for me. Weird!

dbarnett66 wrote:
    I did what Barb recommended and I am back to normal. I deleted all temporary internet files and upadated to the latest version of java script. I can't tell you which one worked, as I did both at the same time.

Thanks for your help. I have medium, large and original available to me now.
  • GVarneyGVarney Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2007
    Maybe this is an issue with IE. I never use IE7 so I only cleared the cookies, etc on Firefox.. Still nothing.

So I did it to IE7, a browser I never use and bingo.. It's all back to normal. :S
  • Nicolas_CHNicolas_CH Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Did all what you proposed - Firefox still is unhappy. headscratch.gif

Checked with IE (which I rarely use): I didn't have to do anything and everything is fine.

Do want us to switch to IE ...? :D

Nicolas
    Mainly for private use - no chance to meet your work, guys! http://team-boehmer.smugmug.com
  • Luc De JaegerLuc De Jaeger Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    same problem but now solved
    I encountered the same problem: no images to the right side anymore and a missing page selector.headscratch.gif

I just cleared the temporary internet files in IE7 and all is fine again.thumb.gif

Thanks bunches!

Luc
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Nicolas_CH wrote:

Do want us to switch to IE ...? :D

Nicolas
    Perish the thought! Completely empty cache, temp files and cookies for SmugMug? Close FF2? Reopen? Thanks..... let us know
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 27, 2007
    This also started happening to me this morning as well. I looked at the same galleries yesterday with no problems. This morning while checking statcounter I saw some interesting traffic and clicked on the links. Thumbnails are fine but the larger views do not show.

I see a pending java update on the tool bar. I will apply it and clear the cache and see if it changes anything.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • PHOTOlinkPHOTOlink Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Where are my FLYOUTS!!??
    in smugmug style, my flyouts on larger pic is missing!

wassup????
    edited April 27, 2007
    PHOTOlink wrote:
    in smugmug style, my flyouts on larger pic is missing!

wassup????
    Shift+refresh, clear temp files, close and reopen browser? That should sort you, let us know if you still have any issues?

Thanks!
    edited April 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Shift+refresh, clear temp files, close and reopen browser? That should sort you, let us know if you still have any issues?

Thanks!

did all, flyout back, BUT....!

i click on PHOTO INFO in flyout and nada, boopkis, no info, no nuttin'!
    SAME behavior in FF

this goes for ALL sets
  • Photo GuyPhoto Guy Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    My Gallery is out of whack a little ...
    Good Morning All!

My site is www.DansPhotoGallery.com

In my photo galleries I normally have the thumbnails on the left and the larger photo on the right with description.

Somehow, the photo on the right is no longer there. The description is but that's about it. Even the comments link is missing.

Any thoughts as to how I can fix this?

Thank you much! I appreciate it!

All my best,
    Danile
    edited April 27, 2007
    PHOTOlink wrote:
    did all, flyout back, BUT....!

i click on PHOTO INFO in flyout and nada, boopkis, no info, no nuttin'! SAME behavior in FF

this goes for ALL sets
    THATs buggy -- brand new. Bigwebguy will fix it, sorry for the hassle.
    edited April 27, 2007
    Photo Guy wrote:
    Good Morning All!

My site is www.DansPhotoGallery.com

In my photo galleries I normally have the thumbnails on the left and the larger photo on the right with description.

Somehow, the photo on the right is no longer there. The description is but that's about it. Even the comments link is missing.

Any thoughts as to how I can fix this?

Thank you much! I appreciate it!

All my best,
    Danile
    Danile, shift + refresh, clear temp files, close and reopen browser. Let us know?
    edited April 27, 2007
    Andy,

I did have a Java update pending so I installed that. Rebooted PC. Cleared cache in both IE and FF before loading site. Nada. Now I cannot get logged in. Cleared cache again, closed browsers. Reloaded site. Still not able to see large or log in. I did this several times and rebooted PC again. Loaded FF, cleared cache, went to site, no larges on right. Still not logging in on homepage. But, when I go into a gallery I am logged in. If I back up through the breadcrumbs to my homepage I stay logged in. Weird.

So I am logged in at this point but larges still do not show on right inside of gallery.

I have repeatedly done shift reload, clear cache, and restart browser in the correct order on both IE and FF. headscratch.gif

This is most likely java related but I am at a loss as to what the fix is. The larges stopped working suddenly yesterday and stll does not work this morning after the java update and others appear to be having similar problems.
    Andy wrote:
    Danile, shift + refresh, clear temp files, close and reopen browser. Let us know?
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited April 27, 2007
    In the time that it took me to type this something changed. I went back to the FF tab with the gallery and clicked on another gallery, it loaded. Clicked back on the one I needed and it now works. I did nothing to the settings. headscratch.gif So it is working now.

docwalker wrote:
    Andy,

I did have a Java update pending so I installed that. Rebooted PC. Cleared cache in both IE and FF before loading site. Nada. Now I cannot get logged in. Cleared cache again, closed browsers. Reloaded site. Still not able to see large or log in. I did this several times and rebooted PC again. Loaded FF, cleared cache, went to site, no larges on right. Still not logging in on homepage. But, when I go into a gallery I am logged in. If I back up through the breadcrumbs to my homepage I stay logged in. Weird.

So I am logged in at this point but larges still do not show on right inside of gallery.

I have repeatedly done shift reload, clear cache, and restart browser in the correct order on both IE and FF. headscratch.gif

This is most likely java related but I am at a loss as to what the fix is. The larges stopped working suddenly yesterday and stll does not work this morning after the java update and others appear to be having similar problems.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited April 27, 2007
    PHOTOlink wrote:
    i click on PHOTO INFO in flyout and nada, boopkis, no info, no nuttin'!
    Fixed... pesky computer programs, they're fussy, they like to have all their pieces and parts.
  • mrmotomrmoto Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2007
    naughty browser .
    Andy wrote:
    Fixed... pesky computer programs, they're fussy, they like to have all their pieces and parts.
    i had the same problem this morning. pictures appeared on the left side but no big pic on the right, and clicking on the small pics on the left achieved nothing . but found this thread and followed the instructions for deleting the cache and cookies in my firefox browser and everything is now working as it should.:ivar:D
    edited April 27, 2007
    well NOT quite fixed....

here is problem:

if you look at the set called JACK VALENTI OBIT
    you will see the filename I assigned
    Jack Valenti1574.JPG

YET

in your photo info flyout it reads:
    Jack Valenti1580.JPG

most odd.....

EDIT

SCRATCH THAT - its a probem on MY end... sorry... have to look into
    this - EDIT: found the problem - its how i was using photo mechanic
    and in what order i was applying captions..... and appplying filenames

not smugmugs doing......
  • Photo GuyPhoto Guy Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:

I didn't do anything but my site seems to be working fine now. ne_nau.gif

clap.gif Thank you Andy! Appreciate the help!

Daniel