Unable to remove a gallery and what happened to my customization code?

SmithNWSmithNW Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited April 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Greetings Everyone,

Two quick questions.

1. How do you remove a gallery? I have a gallery w/one pic that I want to remove but the remove gallery option does not show in the gallery tools? Any suggestions.

2. A few months ago, when I first set up my wife's site (aileens), I added boat-loads of customization stuff, html, javascript, css, slide shows, etc. I just looked at the control panel > customization settings and found that all the customizations sections were blank. Where's all that code I entered? Is it gone or am I just looking in the wrong place?

I'm pretty sure I made backup copies, but as it stands, if I had to make a change I'd be hurting.

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    SmithNW wrote:
    Greetings Everyone,

Two quick questions.

1. How do you remove a gallery? I have a gallery w/one pic that I want to remove but the remove gallery option does not show in the gallery tools? Any suggestions.

2. A few months ago, when I first set up my wife's site (aileens), I added boat-loads of customization stuff, html, javascript, css, slide shows, etc. I just looked at the control panel > customization settings and found that all the customizations sections were blank. Where's all that code I entered? Is it gone or am I just looking in the wrong place?

I'm pretty sure I made backup copies, but as it stands, if I had to make a change I'd be hurting.

Thanks,

Brian
    Is this the site? http://aileens.smugmug.com/
    It's sounds like you are logging in as a guest. As a guest you can't delete galleries or have access to customization. Double check to make sure you are logging in as the user.
    If you forgot your password, go here: https://www.smugmug.com/help/resetpass.mg
  • SmithNWSmithNW Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 28, 2007
    richW wrote:
    Is this the site? http://aileens.smugmug.com/
    It's sounds like you are logging in as a guest. As a guest you can't delete galleries or have access to customization. Double check to make sure you are logging in as the user.
    If you forgot your password, go here: https://www.smugmug.com/help/resetpass.mg

Thanks for the replay. Yep, that's the site and yes, I was logged in correctly. I tried logging in/out and different browsers IE/Firefox.
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    SmithNW wrote:
    Thanks for the replay. Yep, that's the site and yes, I was logged in correctly. I tried logging in/out and different browsers IE/Firefox.
    Look at your site I see the css and js you put in. If you can't see it in the control panel you must be logging in as a guest. I'll see if I can get a SmugHero to come by and help....
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    SmithNW wrote:
    Please go to www.smugmug.com do you see "your photos" or "guest photos" at the top of the screen? ear.gif
  • SmithNWSmithNW Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 29, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Please go to www.smugmug.com do you see "your photos" or "guest photos" at the top of the screen? ear.gif
    Arrrggg!!! That was frustrating.

The "guest photos" statement is easy to overlook. IMO, you should find a way make guest login more obvious.

How about on the interim login page you display:
    You've logged in as a guest!

vs

You've logged in!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2007
    SmithNW wrote:
    Arrrggg!!! That was frustrating.

The "guest photos" statement is easy to overlook. IMO, you should find a way make guest login more obvious.

How about on the interim login page you display:
    You've logged in as a guest!

vs

You've logged in!
    Hi, sorry it troubled you - thanks for the suggestion :)

Andy