Want to get another lens and camera bag

JayMurphyJayMurphy Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 Big grins
edited April 27, 2007 in Accessories
Canon 30D w/battery grip and the glass 17-85mm IS, I rarely use thinking about trading in this lens for the 18-35 2.8L II my 24-70mm 2.8L this is my "walk around" lens I keep it on the camera most of the time. Who am I fooling I want the faster lens I am big fan of the "L" bokeh.:lust

I have started going to the local botanical garden and have been using my 70-200mm 2.8 EX Macro (Sigma) it's great for butterly shots :D (http://www.photosbyjonathan.phanfare.com/album/257649/343871#imageID=15344328) looking forward to trying out my APO Teleconverter 1.4 & 2.0 EX DG. But then I would have to use my tripod Manfotto 680 monopod w/329 tilt head which with taking photos of butterfly can be somewhat restrictive. IMO it's just easier and faster to move around without a monopod.

Manfrotto 055MF4 tripod w/322RC2 head I use for landscape photos. As far as bags I currently have the LowPro AW200 and the Tamerac Velocity 7.
I can get my flash my 24-70mm w/hood (reversed), but there is not enough room for the battery grip (bag not wide enough) in the Tamerac and in a padded lens case (Tamerac) I can hang my 70-200mm on the side of the bag if needed. The additional accessories fit in the pockets.
I like the bag it is comfortable for me and is good for when I don't feel I have then to carry so much. So I got the LowPro and I have taken with me on 3 & 6 hour treks (nothing major - Phoenix Botanical Garden and Butterfly Exhibit) but I had to had carry my tripod.
I am still trying the get the "best" adjsutment for the strap, through out the day I found my self constantly moving the strap off of my neck and when it was all over my should hurt like h_ll! And you can only wear it on one side.

Does any one have any expirience with Kata "ruck-sacks" or "torso-sacks"

Thanks Jay
www.photosbyjonathan.phanfare.com
J. Murph