Banner not there...HELP

OdiliaBOdiliaB Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited April 28, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I had my banner working fine but now no one can seem to see it. Please help, I was doing so good just lurking but I'm at a loss.:dunno

www.iceberghphotography.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    OdiliaB wrote:
    I had my banner working fine but now no one can seem to see it. Please help, I was doing so good just lurking but I'm at a loss.ne_nau.gif

www.iceberghphotography.smugmug.com
    Fixed. You had the gallery it is in, passworded. I removed the password. In addition, you had external links turned off, they must be on, for people to see them.

Your banner is quite high, and will cause people to scroll. Scrolling should be minimized for a good viewer experience. Look around at other sites, and see smaller banners :)

Holler for help, we'll be here.
  • OdiliaBOdiliaB Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2007
    Amazing! Thank you and most importantly I actually understand! Where should I place that file so that other can't access it but it still be available?
    Andy wrote:
    Fixed. You had the gallery it is in, passworded. I removed the password. In addition, you had external links turned off, they must be on, for people to see them.

Your banner is quite high, and will cause people to scroll. Scrolling should be minimized for a good viewer experience. Look around at other sites, and see smaller banners :)

Holler for help, we'll be here.
    edited April 27, 2007
    OdiliaB wrote:
    Amazing! Thank you and most importantly I actually understand! Where should I place that file so that other can't access it but it still be available?
    You are welcome. Leave it there, nobody can hurt it :D The gallery is private.
    edited April 27, 2007
    question about raising the album closer to banner
    I noticed it now, again thanks. Since I got you one more (for now). I took your advice and made a smaller banner. I have a test sample under my test site- category travel. Below it though is the same amount of dead space? You still have to scroll????????
    Andy wrote:
    You are welcome. Leave it there, nobody can hurt it :D The gallery is private.
    edited April 27, 2007
    OdiliaB wrote:
    I noticed it now, again thanks. Since I got you one more (for now). I took your advice and made a smaller banner. I have a test sample under my test site- category travel. Below it though is the same amount of dead space? You still have to scroll????????
    Direct link us please, I can't find it, or a small banner, on your site.
    edited April 27, 2007
    Not sure what you mean by direct link us (sounds interesting though)

regardless the site is www.iceberghphotgraphy.smugmug.com and the problem I'm asking about comes out in my sports gallery. Hope that helps.
    Andy wrote:
    Direct link us please, I can't find it, or a small banner, on your site.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    OdiliaB wrote:
    Not sure what you mean by direct link us (sounds interesting though)

regardless the site is www.iceberghphotgraphy.smugmug.com and the problem I'm asking about comes out in my sports gallery. Hope that helps.
    Try fixing your CSS on the line:

height 200px;

that is missing a colon after the height keyword that should be:

height: 200px;

This is causing the previously declared 400px value to be active, not the 200px value you want.

Incidentally, I had a heck of a time finding your site because you mispelled it in your posting. The correct link is: http://www.iceberghphotgraphy.smugmug.com/ or a shorter version http://iceberghphotography.smugmug.com/ (it was missing an "o" in "photography" in your posting).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question