Lps4

GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
edited April 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have had a bit of a tough time with this theme, as I have watched many other folks struggle. Of course some people have been very inventive.

Here are a couple that I took with this theme in mind. I have some mixed feeling about what way to go so I thought I might seek some advice.

1)

145428733-L.jpg

2)

145398403-L.jpg

3)

145391484-L.jpg

4)

145427843-L.jpg

5)

146035434-M.jpg

or 6)

146045420-L-1.jpg

I obviously thought artificial was an easier approach, from my thought process anyway. Organic was hard to get a finger on. I am not sure that a flower (number 5) shot says organic to me.

All of the other flowers are artificial. I was trying to do a "flower shot" that looked like a real flower, but on close examination the flower is artificial.

The dam shot is a sort of artificial waterfall.

I was hoping for your thoughts.

Thanks

Brian

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    They are nice compositions and well executed. However at web resolutions it takes careful examination to tell that those flowers are fake and I don't find anything in the shots to draw me in so I examine them closely enough to notice. I see it because the theme is artifical and I am looking for it, but I likely wouldn't notice without that.

As for the dam, it is completely an abstract shot to me. I only see it as water flowing over a dam is because you told me.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    I'm in the same boat
    I did not know or realize that the flowers were artificial until you told me.

My favorite image of the group is the abstract #6, unfortunately it does not speak either organic or artificial to me.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    Very nice shots, Greaper. I like #4, #3 and #5 best in that order and can tell from the leaves on #4, at least, that it is an artifical flower. The composition in ## 3 and 5 is better than in #4, though, much as I love the reflection. Maybe you could combine the composition of #3 with the reflection idea of #4???? Just my 2 cents worth, though. I am no judge of what the judges will like. ne_nau.gif:D I batted 3 for 10 in the last round in picking the winners. rolleyes1.gif

Virginia

Email
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    Gimme #3
    and call it organic....It looks so real that I'd never know.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552