Help Newbie Question about Galleries and Categories

jmzochjmzoch Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited April 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I hope I have the right forum for this question. I am in the process of uploading my photos and I am having a problem with organization. I am wanting to setup my galleries/categories like this:

Photos - 2001 | January
Photos - 2001 | February
etc.

I essentially want year then month but I have no idea how to do it. I know it isn't very creative but it seems to work for me. I've tried creating galleries and sub-categories and it doesn't seem to be working. :dunno

Thanks in advance for you help.

~Jennifer

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    jmzoch wrote:
    I hope I have the right forum for this question. I am in the process of uploading my photos and I am having a problem with organization. I am wanting to setup my galleries/categories like this:

Photos - 2001 | January
    Photos - 2001 | February
    etc.

I essentially want year then month but I have no idea how to do it. I know it isn't very creative but it seems to work for me. I've tried creating galleries and sub-categories and it doesn't seem to be working. ne_nau.gif

Thanks in advance for you help.

~Jennifer
    Create a category called "Photos - 2001"
    Create a gallery named "January" and assign it the category of "Photos - 2001".
    Create a gallery named "February" and assing it the category of "Photos - 2001".

Also, here are the Smugmug help pages on categories: http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photo.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • jmzochjmzoch Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited April 30, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    Create a category called "Photos - 2001"
    Create a gallery named "January" and assign it the category of "Photos - 2001".
    Create a gallery named "February" and assing it the category of "Photos - 2001".

Also, here are the Smugmug help pages on categories: http://www.smugmug.com/help/upload-photo.
    That worked great! clap.gif Thanks so much.

~Jennifer