drifting

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited April 28, 2007 in Sports
I went to a drifting meeting today. It was my first time shooting this kind of event.

147537168-L.jpg

147537576-L.jpg

this car lost it's rear door :)
147538091-L.jpg

147538692-L.jpg

147539129-L.jpg

147541723-L.jpg

comments, critisism and ridicule welcome :wink

Comments

• StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    cool shots, Seamus. I'm wondering if they might have more impact if there weren't quite so tack-sharp, if they showed a little more movement. I'm thinking the first one, for example, with a slightly slower shutter and panned, maybe?
  • likwidlikwid Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    These shots are great. The pic with the AE86 is fantastic. Like StevenV I would like to see some panning shots. Actually I would like to see more drifting shots in general on the forum.clap.gif

The best sport in the world! deal.gif

// Sebastian
    Canon EOS 30D | Sigma EX 18-50/2.8 DC
    Sony A-100 | Sony 18-70 kit lens | Tamron 70-300mm 4-5.6 | Minolta 50mm 1.7
    // Sebastian
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    I love the action, the smoke, the drivers on the wrong side (naughty.gif)

I agree that motion blur would be a nice way to show what these cars are doing.

A cool set, especially for your first time.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    GREAT SHOTS!!

Love the Blue Skyline R34.....just a plain kewl car!!
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    thanks for the feedback folks, the shutter speed was too high for the first shots I took. I settled on 1/500 after a while.
    Drifting is completely different to racing. They were using two corners, a right hand one and a long left. This was a practice day and these were the novice class. I didn't wait for the semi-pro class because I wanted to watch man u v everton:D .

I shot in av mode for the first while but changed to tv and set the shutter speed at 1/500. This gave some motion in the wheels but still gave sharp shots. The background was crap but I couldn't do anything about it.

Drifting is getting popular here and it is spectacular to watch. it is hard to convey that in a photo. I might go back tomorrow. If I do I will try much lower shutter speeds.