Options

Rehearsal Dinner

mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
edited April 30, 2007 in Weddings
Hi Everyone,

Shots from a recent wedding rehearsal, C&C welcome!

First up, my wife's new best friend:

147556037-M-1.jpg

Another friend, leaning in to get the gossip:
147556559-M-1.jpg

The happy couple:
147560461-M-4.jpg

The bride to be with her little cousin:
147561758-M-1.jpg

Another cousin of the bride, singing in Swedish:
147562828-M-1.jpg

Been a while since I've hung out here; I've been super busy at work, so when the opportunity came to take these shots, I couldn't get out the door fast enough. I was jonesing for a photo fix :)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 29, 2007
    It is good to know I have attained such photographic perfection as to not require any kind of critique whatsoever...
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    Okay Mark, I'll take a stab at this.

First off, it's fun shooting a happy event such as this and you had the good fortune of getting snaps of some attractive people on a beautiful evening.

Here are a few impressions:

I think the second picture looks a little dark to me and could use a levels or curves adjustment.

I like the expressions of the bride and groom you captured in the 3rd photo. However, they have some deep shadows in their eyes. I think a little fill flash could have taken care of this.

The photo of the little girl hugging the bride's leg is really cute. It looks like a happy, spontaneous moment and I like this capture.

As far as the last photo...it can be difficult to take a pleasing photo of someone when they're singing. It looks like it might have been a difficult lighting situation too. (It's cool that she sang in Swedish!)

Thanks for sharing. The bride and groom are beautiful and they look very happy. I hope you'll be taking some snaps at the wedding (and of course sharing with us).
    C and C always welcome.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 30, 2007
    hey mark-

it can be slow on the weekends-

nice pics-

I too like the one with the little cousin-

cute!-
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2007
    Good points, I definitely should have used fill flash on #3 and the second one could use some filling. It's the second shot that has me leaning to a fuji s5; I'm lazy with the post processing color correction, and would just like it to ust work straight out of the box. Call me weak if you'd like, but man... just to have it work straight up would be awesome.

And as for the little girl-- it was a serious editing decision to make sure she didn't overwhelm the entire collection, as she's extremely photogenic.

Glad you guys like them tho :)