Can't upload, possible statcounter problem

SparkySparky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited April 30, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I've been unable to upload any photos. I've tried the standard uploader, drag and drop and Photoshop Elements 5. I have the latest Java installed, my firewall is not blocking anything, and I have an internet connection. I've had no problem in the past uploading using these.

I believe the problem is with statcounter.

I recently installed statcounter, so I tried deleting the code from my customization page and every time I do (I tried backspace, cut, and delete) when I hit update it is still there! I even deleted my project at the statcounter website and I still can't get rid of that code! Please help.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    Hi Spakry,

please go to www.smugmug.com and look at the top.
    do you see "guest photos" or "your photos"?

If you see guest, you are not logged in as admin and can't make such changes. Log out, and log in with your admin password, not the guest password.
  • SparkySparky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    I see "your photos". I was logged in, I don't allow guests in.
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    Can you try again? You had an unclosed tag in the html.

Your statcounter code seems to be fine. I use it as well and can upload.

What exactly is the problem? You drag the images and then? What happens? or doesn't happen? Any error messages?
    edited April 30, 2007
    With drag and drop I would get a socket error. PSE 5 would tell me to check my firewall and internet connection. When I delete the statcounter code and hit "update" the page begins to reload, but I don't get that nice "customization complete" at the top of the page.

I was trying to put meta tags in the other day for google's webmaster tools until I found it's not supported. Could this have caused a problem?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    Sparky wrote:
    With drag and drop I would get a socket error. PSE 5 would tell me to check my firewall and internet connection. When I delete the statcounter code and hit "update" the page begins to reload, but I don't get that nice "customization complete" at the top of the page.

I was trying to put meta tags in the other day for google's webmaster tools until I found it's not supported. Could this have caused a problem?
    No, I don't see any meta code on your customization page right now.

It sounds to me like it's a connection problem. Also, I see now that PSE5 doesn't upload. PSE5 is not affected by any customization.

Please contact us at the helpdesk with your problem. You can reference this thread if you like. We'll help you there and have you run a few connection and line quality tests most likely, to see what's going on.
    edited April 30, 2007
    Thanks, why can't I ever get any easy problem to solve?ne_nau.gif