Options

A Walk in the Woods

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited May 1, 2007 in Landscapes
This is my first picture post so I apologize in advance if I mess this up. I have this picture up in a DPReview challenge in the Sony Talk forum. I would like to share it here and get peoples opinions. I'm trying to get better so all critiques greatly appreciated.

Spring is slow in coming this year in New England but I found this in some woods near where I work. I liked the symmetry and the light.

147659580-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bonniejobonniejo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    I really like this picture. It looks like a painting to me.
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    Good find.:D

Now get down on your belly and take this same shot and tell me what you think! That is besides "I need a clean shirt".rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    BeaKeRBeaKeR Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007
    I really like it! Like you said, good symmetry, good feel. I have a feeling it could be better -- I agree with Ric that a lower perspective would be nice. It might also be good to try when the sun's a little lower, but I'm just guessing.

PS, Nice to see I'm not the only newbie around here.
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2007
    Who needs a clean shirt.........

This was taken about 4p and I would have like to take it later but other things intervened. I agree with the lower perspective, since I was already down on my knees for this one. I may try later today to get another shot.
  • Options
    BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007
    pretty good, but the house bothers me.
    :photo
  • Options
    edited May 1, 2007
    Test Shot
    Ok, I cleaned the leaves out of my pants and here is a test shot I ran quickly today just to check the perspective. I wanted to at least show this even though it isn't close to right because of the difference the angle makes. It really changes the perspective of the shot. I got down on the ground, focused on the steps but pointed the camera up into the trees. You get a sense of much larger trees looming overhead. I need to go back with better light and bend some of the brush out of the way on the left to make PP easier.

148719719-L.jpg
  • Options
    BeaKeRBeaKeR Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    Ok, I cleaned the leaves out of my pants and here is a test shot I ran quickly today just to check the perspective. I wanted to at least show this even though it isn't close to right because of the difference the angle makes. It really changes the perspective of the shot. I got down on the ground, focused on the steps but pointed the camera up into the trees. You get a sense of much larger trees looming overhead. I need to go back with better light and bend some of the brush out of the way on the left to make PP easier.

This one's nice, but I actually liked your first one better, even allowing for more post-processing on the first one.

I guess what I actually was taking the picture from the level of the top step or slightly above.