Right click disabling

ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited May 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is the right click option disabled across the board, or do you have to turn it off?

Because if it's the second, I'm not sure I have the option in my accoun tto turn it off, my dad even helped me :D And if he can't find it, then there's something wrong :thumb

Anyway, if I'm missing something, it wouldn't be the first time, but I would like to protect my pictures.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited April 30, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    Is the right click option disabled across the board, or do you have to turn it off?
    You have to turn it off. Right-click protection is a feature of professional accounts. Here's a list of the features for the different account types: http://www.smugmug.com/price/.

--- Denise
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    You have to turn it off. Right-click protection is a feature of professional accounts. Here's a list of the features for the different account types: http://www.smugmug.com/price/.

--- Denise

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought I had a pro. I could be wrong though
  • BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007

--- Denise
    Just remember, it's not a "protection", it just disables the ability to save an image from a right-click. Whoever views any image on the Web, has a copy of it in the browser cache on their harddisk and it's fairly trivial to retrieve it from the cache.
    edited May 1, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Just remember, it's not a "protection", it just disables the ability to save an image from a right-click. Whoever views any image on the Web, has a copy of it in the browser cache on their harddisk and it's fairly trivial to retrieve it from the cache.
    True - and it only prevents the right-click save when the photo is displayed in SmugMug. It does not stop the save if you allow external references and your photo is shown (using an <*img src statement) in another web site.
    ccpickre wrote:
    Unless I'm mistaken, I thought I had a pro. I could be wrong though
    Look in the account settings box on your control panel - that indicates the type of account that you currently have.

--- Denise
    edited May 1, 2007
    True - and it only prevents the right-click save when the photo is displayed in SmugMug. It does not stop the save if you allow external references and your photo is shown (using an <*img src statement) in another web site.

Look in the account settings box on your control panel - that indicates the type of account that you currently have.

--- Denise

And where in account settings does it say this?
    edited May 1, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    And where in account settings does it say this?
    When you open your control panel, the second "box" shows account settings. And the very first entry in that box is titled "Account type". That will show either Basic or Power or Pro.

Only Pro allows you to disable right click save.

--- Denise
    edited May 1, 2007
    When you open your control panel, the second "box" shows account settings. And the very first entry in that box is titled "Account type". That will show either Basic or Power or Pro.

Only Pro allows you to disable right click save.

--- Denise

And if it doesn't say this in my account settings, how do I find out?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    And if it doesn't say this in my account settings, how do I find out?
    Chris, your account is a pro account.
    edited May 1, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Chris, your account is a pro account.

OK, thanks.

Then how do I disable right click saving, cause my dad was helping me set everything up, and it doesn't show me the setting to turn it off (nor does it show me the account type apparently).

Sorry if I sound so green ne_nau.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007
    ccpickre wrote:
    OK, thanks.

Then how do I disable right click saving, cause my dad was helping me set everything up, and it doesn't show me the setting to turn it off (nor does it show me the account type apparently).

Sorry if I sound so green ne_nau.gif
    Hi Chris,

http://www.smugmug.com/help/image-protection

Holler with any questions...
    edited May 2, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Chris,

http://www.smugmug.com/help/image-protection

Holler with any questions...

I should be good for now. Strangely enough, those options have now shown up in the customize section :)

And now that I THINK I have my computer calibrated properly (not sure, because some photos looks, odd, although this could just be because they were taken with a cheap point and shoot digital camera :) ) I will be working on reeditting and uploading my photos.

I have a busy week this week :)