148093443-L.jpg

148077163-L-2.jpg

148107047-L.jpg

Doug

Comments

• Options
    LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    My post has absolutely nothing to do with STREET.

The section I posted it in said NATURE and Wildlife.

The above are all nature, and one even had 2 DEER in the front of a rustic cabin.

I can't win here.
  • Options
    rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    Hi Lex,

i'm guessing you might be commenting on a reply that has since been deleted?

I love the first shot, I'm going to be heading down that way in a month or so myself and am definitely looking forward to seeing some places like that.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2007
    Lex wrote:
    My post has absolutely nothing to do with STREET.

The section I posted it in said NATURE and Wildlife.

The above are all nature, and one even had 2 DEER in the front of a rustic cabin.

I can't win here.

Hi Lex

Great stuff. I love the cabin shot.

Just a guess but I am thinking a mod moved your thread here. Typically FEILD and street is the right place for landscapes if you want them to be noticed.

The Nature and Wildlife threads tend more towards animal portraits.

Either way I am sure they moved it hoping to get you more bang for your buck in findingh the right audience.
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007
    Great pictures. I am having a sense of deja vu. Is that the cabin in Cades Cove? I lived in Knoxville back in the early 80's and we used to go there all the time. If its what I'm think of those are the same deer that always would come out for camera shots back then...:D
  • Options
    LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2007
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    Great pictures. I am having a sense of deja vu. Is that the cabin in Cades Cove? I lived in Knoxville back in the early 80's and we used to go there all the time. If its what I'm think of those are the same deer that always would come out for camera shots back then...:D

Yes, this is a Cades Cove cabin, such a wonderful little cabin. The lighting was really good at this time of day, and the cabin looked so pretty in the special late day light, it's why I stopped to shoot it.. It's funny, I was the only one setup with a tri-pod waiting for deer to come into view, but by the time the deer made it over, there were 2 or 3 others waiting as well. The place was really crowded this weekend.

To think I almost stayed home this day. After I got out there shooting, I'm so glad I changed my mind, and to come home with at least 3 special shots, well, the day was a huge success, IMO. Was really 3 images in 3 hours. I shot a lot more. But eventually, it came down to these 3 I think.

Thanks for your nice comments. I was just commenting about my post being moved with my rant. Apparently, I've a little to learn about what goes where here.

Doug
    www.smokymountainsgallery.com