Options

LPS#5 X-ray

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited May 5, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
3 versions: 2 in color (2 crops), and one in sepia-type color. What do you think?

Color, original square crop
xray_color_resize.jpg

Color, tighter crop
xray_color_tightCrop_resize.jpg

Monocolor
xray_sepia_resize.jpg
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Which one? 18 votes

Color, original crop
11% 2 votes
Color, tight crop
11% 2 votes
Monochrome
44% 8 votes
None of the above
33% 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    klphotoklphoto Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited May 2, 2007
    If I had to pick one I would say the tighter crop version. I think the top of the flowers fade a bit too dark, so if you could lighten that up a bit i think it would be less distracting IMHO.

I am also unsure what category you are going for, transparent or a reverse sihlouette?? << After looking at your title called Xray, I see you are going for transparent...not sure if the pic really says transparent to me.

Unique pics anyways!
  • Options
    edited May 2, 2007
    klphoto wrote:
    If I had to pick one I would say the tighter crop version. I think the top of the flowers fade a bit too dark, so if you could lighten that up a bit i think it would be less distracting IMHO.

I am also unsure what category you are going for, transparent or a reverse sihlouette??

Unique pics anyways!

translucent =c)
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2007
    IMHO I think it is to underexposed... even though I see that it is translucent, it seems to me based on Shay's feedback of #4, there better not be a shadow of a doubt that the image doesn’t interpret the theme strongly enough...

Winston
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2007
    One definition that I found on line of "translucent" says shining through; permitting the passage of light but not transparent. To me, your sepia-toned photo says that the best. And if you give it a tighter crop it'll make the message even stronger.

But I agree with Winston's comment about your examples being underexposed. It would be nice to see a little more detail on the top and the bottom portions.

In the color version, I really like the blossom on the right and how you illuminated its stamens. How about expanding on that? Use the same lighting you have here and try a closeup of a blossom.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2007
    New version, 3 different crops. The originals are not viewable right now (I think) since divshare's down =c( but let me knw what you think of these new ones.

Full flower, original crop.
    _xray2_sepia_resize.jpg

Full flower, tighter crop.
    _xray2_sepia_crop_resize.jpg

Tighter crop on the flower.
    _xray2_sepia_tighterCrop_resize.jpg
  • Options
    douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    I like the full flower, tighter cop, well done thumb.gif
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    These are cool shots thumb.gif, but looked at independently, it still looks like light on a flower, not going through a flower. ne_nau.gif Just MHO.
    Chris
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    I think this is such a great idea and looks really cool. Of the second set, I prefer #2. A couple of things that may make it a little more dynamic:

1) Can you get a touch more space above the flower? The one point is so close to the top it's uncomfortable. I'd try cropping the whole thing in closer if not. Find an area that you really like and crop close, cutting out extraneous detail.

2) Have you tried off-centering it?

3) A diagonal shot may add interest.

Just some stuff to try.:D

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6