Options

how to sharpen for smugmug?

belfbelf Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited May 6, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello Wise Ones,

I've been trying to get SmugMug to work for me and I'm having difficulty.

At home I resize and sharpen at the end of my workflow to match my desired printer and the size of my print. It's easy to match my print against my process.

Yet with SmugMug I'll never know what the print size is going to be, and to add to the confusion, that means I won't know which resolution EZPrints is going to use (302, 254, 200). While I'm sure EZPrint's method for sizing is professional, I'd rather do it myself. Sharpening is even more important to me. How do I work with SmugMug's services to effectively make this work? How do you do it?

If I create multiple versions of files, depending on output size, where do I put the versions and how do I avoid confusing a customer? I've notice that everyone only has one version for sale, but how do you combat the necessity of sharpening differently for a 8x10 as opposed to a 20x30?

Do I use the seven day proofing delay to reupload files based on a customer's order? Will this replace the original file or just create a one-time use file for only that specific customer/print? Maybe that's your trick.

In any event, any guidance you can be will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Kim

Comments