I see no sharps... (of ships and sharpening)

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited May 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
well, not ship at all really just shaprening...

I get it that SM will do the sharpening expertly if I upload unsharpened, and this sounds like the best option for getting the best prints ... but what about when people view the unsharpened pics, won't they look... not sharp?

I expect that, as usual, I am just worrying too much.. but Oh my poor brain.. to sharpen or not to sharpen.. that is the question..

The reason I ask is that I am plannig to redo ALL the pics I really like and to redo them much better now that I have learned a bit more about photoshop and to upload them again and generally reorganise, I've decided that 2007 is the year I will get at least one sale!:rofl

So I am trying to understand everything before I go off and make loads of changes and later have to do tem all again...

thanks
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    well, not ship at all really just shaprening...

I get it that SM will do the sharpening expertly if I upload unsharpened, and this sounds like the best option for getting the best prints ... but what about when people view the unsharpened pics, won't they look... not sharp?

I expect that, as usual, I am just worrying too much.. but Oh my poor brain.. to sharpen or not to sharpen.. that is the question..

The reason I ask is that I am plannig to redo ALL the pics I really like and to redo them much better now that I have learned a bit more about photoshop and to upload them again and generally reorganise, I've decided that 2007 is the year I will get at least one sale!rolleyes1.gif

So I am trying to understand everything before I go off and make loads of changes and later have to do tem all again...

thanks
    We do sharpening on prints and on your digital images, but only on the ones that we create (So on anything but the original).

See also: http://www.smugmug.com/help/display-quality

Redoing all your pics, huhh? Why not set a proof delay, and only do the ones that are ordered?
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    We do sharpening on prints and on your digital images, but only on the ones that we create (So on anything but the original).

See also: http://www.smugmug.com/help/display-quality

So if I understand correctly - as long as I disable 'original' in all te aglleries then every displayed and printed derivative will be sharpened by SM anyway so no one would see the unsharpened full sized pics ?

In such case the only ting I would need to sharpen is digital downloads?
    ivar wrote:
    Redoing all your pics, huhh? Why not set a proof delay, and only do the ones that are ordered?

can you set proof delay on digital downloads?

I don't tink I would do it on any other pics as it takes me too long to do reallyne_nau.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..