LPS#5 "Premature"

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited May 4, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
ah, first communions....other milestone almost more important to moms than the girls themselves...see what you think.:D 149239442-L.jpg

Or in Color...
149239396-L.jpg

thanks for looking!
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    The pose or the eyes / head position in the color version is way better than the BW... The expression is pretty deadpan or dis-interested looking though... I don't know the color looks flat behind the vail... I'm not liking it to much for the contest... but then again I could certainly be wrong... the shot does not "wow" me.

On a side note, I think it is very interesting that most people so far have choosen to work with translucent...headscratch.gif

Winston
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    lps#5
    Your portraits are wonderful. My feeling, however, is that the veil is more transparent than translucent.

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    Your portraits are wonderful. My feeling, however, is that the veil is more transparent than translucent.

Tessa

Thanks Tessa!

you know, that was my biggest question...transparent vs translucent! There is a subtle yet distinct difference, difficult to convey though!

I think I'll try silhouettes....I can wrap my head around those!

thanks for the feedback!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    The pose or the eyes / head position in the color version is way better than the BW... The expression is pretty deadpan or dis-interested looking though... I don't know the color looks flat behind the vail... I'm not liking it to much for the contest... but then again I could certainly be wrong... the shot does not "wow" me.

On a side note, I think it is very interesting that most people so far have choosen to work with translucent...headscratch.gif

Winston

Thanks for your honest feedback winston! The color/contrast issue is a tricky one, first with the white, and then do I judge contrast under a diffused material the same as the rest? ne_nau.gif

luckily I have several other AWESOME shooting opportunities this next week (secret secret!)....I just feel like I've done so many silhouettes lately. None of which are eligible, of course! :cry
    Canon 5D MkI