# 5 possibility --

NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
edited May 3, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Would love some comments....I have a few thoughts but will keep them to myself until I see if *you* feel the same way.

Thanks,
Maureen

149269254-L.jpg

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    My first comment is reshoot (if you can) with a tripod. The shot is soft and it looks like the cause is motion blur. Another thought is I think this would look better if you shot it from farther away with a telephoto.
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    My first comment is reshoot (if you can) with a tripod. The shot is soft and it looks like the cause is motion blur. Another thought is I think this would look better if you shot it from farther away with a telephoto.

Thanks, I did shoot with a tripod but it was a looooooooooooong exposure almost too late at night as well (spotted it on the way home and took this "test" shot).

I did plan to shoot it again tonight and will take your advice with a longer telephoto lens. bowdown.gif

Maureen
  • ghealyghealy Registered Users Posts: 247 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    Another thought is I think this would look better if you shot it from farther away with a telephoto.

Please forgive me for jumping in on this thread, but could you explain why shooting from a greater distance with a telephoto lens would make for a better version of this image?

TIA.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    ghealy wrote:
    Please forgive me for jumping in on this thread, but could you explain why shooting from a greater distance with a telephoto lens would make for a better version of this image?

TIA.

If you shoot from further away and use a telephoto lens, you'll be able to "squish" the distance between, in this case, the mountains and the windmill/cart. This will make the mountains appear much closer.

You can see an example of this here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=57490 The second photo is taken from far away with a zoom of about 150-200mm. The last shot is taken relatively close to the chapel at about 24-35mm. (I dont' remember exactly.)

While the I didn't move a lot (I think I was about 50 feet further in the second shot), you can see a dramatic difference in the relative size of the mountain behind.

HTH!

NanaMo, this definitely deserves a reshoot! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a GREAT sunset for it! :D