Image view statistics

dwterrydwterry Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
edited May 3, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Okay, I admit... I've never payed particularly close attention to the TOTALS in my statistics. But I find this rather odd... what do you think:

Control panel stats:
photos viewed: 5085 | bandwidth used: 250.77 MB

Then inside the details, at the bottom, the totals for all galleries are:
Thumbs: 8260
Small: 3717
Medium: 826
Large: 1239
Hits: 13,354

Okay, so I can get close to the 5085 total if I add just the Small and Large stats together (ignoring Thumbs and Medium).

Doesn't it seem kind of odd? Why are the numbers so different? Which is more accurate?

For what it's worth, according to the Control Panel page, last month (April, before the reset) I hit just over 102,000 image views.

Comments

• DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2007
    dwterry wrote:
    Okay, I admit... I've never payed particularly close attention to the TOTALS in my statistics. But I find this rather odd... what do you think:

Control panel stats:
    photos viewed: 5085 | bandwidth used: 250.77 MB

Then inside the details, at the bottom, the totals for all galleries are:
    Thumbs: 8260
    Small: 3717
    Medium: 826
    Large: 1239
    Hits: 13,354

Okay, so I can get close to the 5085 total if I add just the Small and Large stats together (ignoring Thumbs and Medium).

Doesn't it seem kind of odd? Why are the numbers so different? Which is more accurate?

For what it's worth, according to the Control Panel page, last month (April, before the reset) I hit just over 102,000 image views.
    I assume the 5085 is only the number of photos that were looked at. So one photo may have been looked at as a thumbnail, a small, a medium and a large but it only counts as one photo.

Andrew