Options

Final Practice - IR

jerrykrjerrykr Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
edited May 5, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
The first time I've been able to shoot from Pit Road at Texas Motor Speedway. This was Saturday afternoon, the final practice session for the Nextel Cup cars which will run the big race the following day. They are basically trying to find a chassis set-up that allows them to run as fast as possible, and still not spin off the track. They have more power and speed than tire traction. So they go out on the track for a few laps, come back in to the garage, make adjustments, and go back out. We were in a rather large crowd of fans watching the cars come in and head to the garage. They were moving pretty good down this lane.

78179662.jpg

To the garage.

78179673.jpg

I work with the fellow pointing. His job was to direct traffic coming back in down pit road and turning in, as the car in the first picture had just done. He is a member of a Ft Worth Corvette Club. They work the races, for "track credits". The club uses the credits later in the year for various club events at the track, not the least of which is that they get to do laps on the racetrack.

78179680.jpg

180+ MPH and 1/60 sec. shutter speed in Nightshot.

78179696.jpg

-=- Jerry -=-

Visit my site with Comprehensive Information about Shooting IR

www.irbuzz.blogspot.com

-=- Jerry -=-
For Comprehensive info on Infrared Photography.

Visit my Site - Infrared Photography Buzz

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    jerrykr wrote:
    The first time I've been able to shoot from Pit Road at Texas Motor Speedway. This was Saturday afternoon, the final practice session for the Nextel Cup cars which will run the big race the following day. They are basically trying to find a chassis set-up that allows them to run as fast as possible, and still not spin off the track. They have more power and speed than tire traction. So they go out on the track for a few laps, come back in to the garage, make adjustments, and go back out. We were in a rather large crowd of fans watching the cars come in and head to the garage. They were moving pretty good down this lane.
    To the garage.
    I work with the fellow pointing. His job was to direct traffic coming back in down pit road and turning in, as the car in the first picture had just done. He is a member of a Ft Worth Corvette Club. They work the races, for "track credits". The club uses the credits later in the year for various club events at the track, not the least of which is that they get to do laps on the racetrack.
    180+ MPH and 1/60 sec. shutter speed in Nightshot.
    -=- Jerry -=-

Visit my site with Comprehensive Information about Shooting IR
    www.irbuzz.blogspot.com

Nice work Jerry, love the motion in the last shot clap.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Hi Jerry. I'm glad to see you on Dgrin. I've admired your IR photos for a couple years over on PBase. Seeing your shots of everyday life in IR inspired me to get my F717 modified and work on the same style of photography.

I'm glad to see you're still into it.

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Hi jerry
    nice Irs keep posting
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery