Options

Hout Bay - Cape Town, South Africa

chopskychopsky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
edited May 4, 2007 in Landscapes
Hey Guys,

10 minutes from my house, we have this beautifully scenic drive up Champan's Peak which overlooks Hout Bay - a suburb of Cape Town, South Africa.
Let me know what you think of the shots I got.
Cheers!

chapman__s_peak_pt__2_by_chopsky.jpg

chapman__s_peak_pt__1_by_chopsky.jpg

chapman__s_peak_pt__3_by_chopsky.jpg

chapman__s_peak_pt__3_by_chopsky.jpg
Currently Using:
body: canon 400d
lenses:
50mm 1.8 & 10-22mm

Grant Shapiro Design & Photography

Comments

• Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Very nice Chopskythumb.gif I enjoy what you are doing with the slanted road. I would like to see that VW zoomin in motion on the slanted road imagedeal.gif

I think a great shot would be had of the frothy coast up close that appears below, in your second imagethumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2007
    Very nice Chopskythumb.gif I enjoy what you are doing with the slanted road. I would like to see that VW zoomin in motion on the slanted road imagedeal.gif

I think a great shot would be had of the frothy coast up close that appears below, in your second imagethumb.gif

Thanks Marc
    Yeh, Id also like to see the VW zoomin past, but unfortunately no one is driving my car other than me :) I actually like the road empty. Gives it that desolate feeling.
    Also, difficult to get up close to the waters unless I fall down the mountain.
    That coast isnt actually so frothy. That's just a 30 second exposure.
    Cheers!
    Currently Using:
    lenses:
    50mm 1.8 & 10-22mm

• Options
    edited May 4, 2007
    After all those photos, interested to know whether you guys prefer the B&W conversions or their color variations.

bwimage4an7.jpg

bwimage5lu2.jpg
    Currently Using:
    lenses:
    50mm 1.8 & 10-22mm

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    That definitely is a scenic drive!!! For me the color works better than the black and white, especially for the first image which is my favorite. The colors are really rich and subtle. Beautiful view! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    That definitely is a scenic drive!!! For me the color works better than the black and white, especially for the first image which is my favorite. The colors are really rich and subtle. Beautiful view! thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Beautiful shots. Ive been along there a few times....and got chased by the baboons !
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Beautiful shots. Ive been along there a few times....and got chased by the baboons !

haha...i never enountered any baboons. You a fellow south african?

Also, no idea why i posted the B&W of the first image. I way prefer the color version myself.
    Currently Using:
    lenses:
    50mm 1.8 & 10-22mm

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    chopsky wrote:
    haha...i never enountered any baboons. You a fellow south african?

Also, no idea why i posted the B&W of the first image. I way prefer the color version myself.
    No im aussie but have been to capetown & a few other places there. Now i want some butter fish & supajuice ! I have found a shop near me now that keeps me in good supply of all Mrs Balls chutney range. I eat a bottle of that stuff a week.