youth soccer league

photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited May 5, 2007 in Sports
I take shots of the youth soccer team that my fiancee's little boy plays on. Here are some from last weekend. I hope you enjoy these and please give me feedback.

I'm in the zone...
147846234-S.jpg
No sis I am...
147851368-S.jpg
The girls were not the only ones on thier game that day.
147851028-S.jpg

Yes the girls are twins, they are the coaches daughters. To be honest I have a hard time telling them apart. Thankfully they wear diffrent socks.
"Make it don't take it!"

Jason

Comments

• JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    photoj wrote:
    I take shots of the youth soccer team that my fiancee's little boy plays on. Here are some from last weekend. I hope you enjoy these and please give me feedback.

These are pretty good shots. There is nice color, the exposure looks good and they are nice and sharp. It also looks like you have a lens with a large max apeture(small F#). All that is really left then, is to get closer to your subjects. Either zoom in, move closer to the field, or wait for the action to get closer to you. This will get you nice, tight action shots and the DOF will really start to get your subject separated from the background. Keep shooying and keep posting.

John
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Love that last one in particular thumb.gif
  • photojphotoj Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    feed back
    :D Thanks for the positive comments. I was not happy with these, not the shots but the color. I was working in a lot of glare and had to resort to using PS to clean up the shadow and highlights.

The last one is one of my favorites too. I mostly palaced action shots here. Over in the gallery I have some tigher closer up shots.
    "Make it don't take it!"

Jason