LL baseball poster for C&C

wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
edited May 5, 2007 in Sports
484138887_afa72f98fa_o.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    I like the concept and the execution, but something bugs me about it. The poster is about the baseball player, and there is more poster spaced dedicated to other things (colors, the indian head background) than him. I believe that *he* should be the main focus and should be the largest object.
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    I like the concept and the execution, but something bugs me about it. The poster is about the baseball player, and there is more poster spaced dedicated to other things (colors, the indian head background) than him. I believe that *he* should be the main focus and should be the largest object.

Yeah, that bugs me too.......I'm trying to decide how to balance out all that space on the left.......maybe just make him much bigger??
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    My overall reaction is "This si really nice".

I like the way you have used the uniform color scheme to your advantage, I like the watermark of the club logo, I like the concept behind the three shots.

What I do not like is the layering of the three shots - I find the extra limbs bothersome.

So, my first thought is to offset the shots from each other. Have them overlap less, and move across the canvas from right to left some more. This would also deal with the issue of having too little of the space devoted to the player.

ann
  • wally5656wally5656 Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    My overall reaction is "This si really nice".

I like the way you have used the uniform color scheme to your advantage, I like the watermark of the club logo, I like the concept behind the three shots.

What I do not like is the layering of the three shots - I find the extra limbs bothersome.

So, my first thought is to offset the shots from each other. Have them overlap less, and move across the canvas from right to left some more. This would also deal with the issue of having too little of the space devoted to the player.

ann

Maybe this is how to address the "dead space" issue.
    484180384_4ca5167949_o.jpg
    Ann, thanks for your honest input, I will try just exactly what you said the next time I do one of these. I think that is a great idea!
  • CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    a like the second version better, but I still think there isnt enough face or distinction between the back two layers to make it worth keeping, just looks busy. a parent wont really get it. Its about the Kid , one good shot would be best.

And maybe the name is a easier font to read, two frilly fonts is a bit much on the eyes.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited May 5, 2007
    The first is much better. Instead of layering back to front, why not do your
    motion right to left and and at maybe 50% opacity and about 2/3 of the
    the last shot which you use as the top image?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    ian408 wrote:
    The first is much better. Instead of layering back to front, why not do your
    motion right to left and and at maybe 50% opacity and about 2/3 of the
    the last shot which you use as the top image?

I agree with this suggestion. I don't care for the "frilly" font either, and the font color blends too much with the BG to me.
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • jbr13jbr13 Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    I really like the ideas you have on this. I think a few little things may help. His name in another color so it stands out and can be read easier, and throw a picture of him at the plate of batting in the lower left area of the firts poster layout. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks and Nice job!

Jason
    Jason

http://jbr.smugmug.com/

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced... Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice"