edited May 6, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
What do you think?

Jet Fighter

149532790-L.jpg

Into The Sun

149534574-L.jpg

Afterburn

149532742-L.jpg

Thanks in advance for any comments............

Joe

Comments

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    I think Afterburn is the strongest shot for me. I can hear the plane whizzing overhead when I look at it... is it enough of a sil? ne_nau.gif Very nice. thumb.gif

Though technically well done, #1 isn't interesting enough to me. I think #2 might have potential, there's almost too much detail on the planes, not enough sil. I'm sure that could be fixed in post.
    Chris
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Great shots and #3 is a true show stopper. #2 comes closest to fitting the silhouette theme. However, I find the jets too small in the frame and also having them positioned on a strict horizontal plane may make the photo static for some. (I love geometrical, pattern photos myself, but many here seem to be bored by them.) Have you considered a pano crop for #2 or rotating it CCW so that the jets appear to be climbing towards the sun? These might make the photo more dynamic to the viewer. I do love this pictures.

Virginia

Email
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Shoot for the MOON
    imax wrote:
    What do you think?

Afterburn

BBF - Best by Far

This shot is one which I only get to see if riding shotgun, age and weight not disallowing.

I would suggest perhaps rotating the plane's nose so its +45 degrees, like that particular pilot wants to leave our planet and shoot for the moon.

Maybe it even is shooting for Mare Tranquilitatis [See Nik's Moon Shot! and my comments]

Good work
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Afterburn is a stunning shot but for the challenge Into The Sun is the better one.
    imax wrote:
    What do you think?

Jet Fighter

Into The Sun

Afterburn
    Thanks in advance for any comments............

Joe
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I have quite a few tostill go through but this one is looking pretty good so far.

149869150-L.jpg

Afterburn I feelhas more of a translucent theme to it and this one seems to show that as well

149855292-L.jpg

Still having a hard time deciding. Thanks for looking

Joe