A Little LordV Action

Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited May 6, 2007 in Holy Macro
As y'all know, Brian is quite amazing at capturing the critters in his garden. Some would call them bugs.

In my world (Electrical Engineering), we don't have living creatures but we do have bugs. In the case below, the "bug" is called a blown trace. This phenomenon happened on my new refrigerator and did not please my wife at all. And you all know, "If momma ain't happy...".

I took my 50mm/f2.8 off my film camera and reversed it on my Panasonic FZ-50 and set up a little crude bellows action. I dinked around with lighting that would make Ziggy proud. I thought the colors of the copper against the green pcb coating would make an interesting shot to look at.

- Mike
Olympus E-30
IR Modified Sony F717
http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Cool shot! thumb.gif

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was trained by the Navy to repair circuit boards. I could replace burned traces and components and you wouldn't be able to tell if the card had even been damaged. If the card was reduced to carbon I could take a blank copper clad board and etch a new one...
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    I think you need to replace your fridge rolleyes1.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,077 moderator
    edited May 5, 2007
    Very cool 2H2O, or can I say "Deut-Ox" for short?

It looks like this particular trace had a moderate surge. Is it part of a timer circuit perchance?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Very cool 2H2O, or can I say "Deut-Ox" for short?

It looks like this particular trace had a moderate surge. Is it part of a timer circuit perchance?

Ziggy,
    You can call me whatever sounds good to you - I get called a lot of different names :D. 2H2O comes from my actual last name.

The pcb is the main AC power board with the DC conversion circuit and relays - it lies in the bottom of the fridge - replaced under warranty.

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Dalantech wrote:
    Cool shot! thumb.gif

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away, I was trained by the Navy to repair circuit boards. I could replace burned traces and components and you wouldn't be able to tell if the card had even been damaged. If the card was reduced to carbon I could take a blank copper clad board and etch a new one...

Thanks Dalantech.

Folks with your troubleshooting/repair skills are VERY hard to come by...I live in a very tech rich area and almost all the companies here struggle to find competent techs.

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Mr. 2H2O wrote:
    Thanks Dalantech.

Folks with your troubleshooting/repair skills are VERY hard to come by...I live in a very tech rich area and almost all the companies here struggle to find competent techs.

- Mike

Times change -technology is cheaper than labor so these days people would rather replace a damaged circuit than repair one. Now I troubleshoot entire systems down to failed circuits that get replaced instead of the bits and pieces ;)
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Mr. 2H2O wrote:
    As y'all know, Brian is quite amazing at capturing the critters in his garden. Some would call them bugs.

In my world (Electrical Engineering), we don't have living creatures but we do have bugs. In the case below, the "bug" is called a blown trace. This phenomenon happened on my new refrigerator and did not please my wife at all. And you all know, "If momma ain't happy...".

I took my 50mm/f2.8 off my film camera and reversed it on my Panasonic FZ-50 and set up a little crude bellows action. I dinked around with lighting that would make Ziggy proud. I thought the colors of the copper against the green pcb coating would make an interesting shot to look at.

- Mike

Hehehe I thought it was bone rolleyes1.gif ohhh geezzz boy was I wrong rolleyes1.gif
    ...but really it does look like you unearthed a bone nod.gif
    I better not give up my daytime job rolleyes1.gif

You got a good shot Mike thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin