LPS 5... Added lady in red, post 4

tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
edited May 8, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here is my last chance to get into the semi's and am trying various things.
Havent got any dramtic sky's this time of the year, even nearby, so am trying to use the sun's disk.
Ideas I have tried till now

149646342-M.jpg
149646964-M.jpg
148615682-M.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    I like #2 alot. I would crop down and move subject off-center, eliminating some of the left side of the shot. You may need to use a noise filter. Great concept! Love the colors. thumb.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Here is my last chance to get into the semi's and am trying various things.
    Havent got any dramtic sky's this time of the year, even nearby, so am trying to use the sun's disk.
    Ideas I have tried till now

I like #3 the best as an idea and composition. Unfortunately, it's weak technically, very soft, I'd even say OOF. If you can reshoot that it can be a real contender...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    edited May 5, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I like #3 the best as an idea and composition. Unfortunately, it's weak technically, very soft, I'd even say OOF. If you can reshoot that it can be a real contender...
    Thanks for your advice nik
    I have 75-300 USM lens from canon, a very small flower, and limited terrace for 300mm zoom. So I did F14 and tried to focus somewhere between flower and sun, but both came oof. So next time I will focus on the flower only.
    The sun set by the time I was done by my antics.
    So will reshoot the flowers, meanwhile I await feedback on the second set!
    edited May 5, 2007
    tsk1979 wrote:
    lady in red
    #3 - score! iloveyou.gif
    edited May 5, 2007
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Thanks for your advice nik
    I have 75-300 USM lens from canon, a very small flower, and limited terrace for 300mm zoom. So I did F14 and tried to focus somewhere between flower and sun, but both came oof. So next time I will focus on the flower only.
    The sun set by the time I was done by my antics.
    So will reshoot the flowers, meanwhile I await feedback on the second set!

Well, how about making a composite? Shouldn't be that hard for this one...
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Mix and Match
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Now, thats an evocative theme, which simply needs some more experimentation.

1 is the provocative pose {try to get some definition like the shoulder in 2}
    2 is the captivating background {softens and mystifies the participant}
    3 is too stark, too barren

Is it possible to reshoot 1 w 2's background, then PS?

Laughing.gif
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
    edited May 6, 2007
    BistiArt wrote:
    Now, thats an evocative theme, which simply needs some more experimentation.

1 is the provocative pose {try to get some definition like the shoulder in 2}
    2 is the captivating background {softens and mystifies the participant}
    3 is too stark, too barren

Is it possible to reshoot 1 w 2's background, then PS?

Laughing.gif
    All were shot in RAW, same location, with minor differences in shutter speed.
    I played around with WB of the pics to get a setting similar to the pic 2 for pic 1, here is the result
    149891202-L.jpg
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Nearly There
    tsk1979 wrote:
    All were shot in RAW, same location, with minor differences in shutter speed.
    I played around with WB of the pics to get a setting similar to the pic 2 for pic 1,

Thanks for listening...

Not to be too picky, but the bed cover seems to be just a bit white. Judicious use fo the burn tool might tone it down just a little, not drawing your eye from her form to it's blast.

If the new 2 showed the background more like the old 3, then i think you are on your way.
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Like your composition, and although this is going to sound picky...I have a problem with the feet...Her big toe is coming off of the edge of the shoe...I know this sounds strange, but because I work with so many females this is one of things I watch out for...in another one, the toe is poking out and you can see right thru the arch of her foot, if I were to choose one of your compositions it would be number 3 and I would reposition her back hand to the wall in a little higher position than her left to show off and enhance the curvature of her silohuette in the pic., by raising her arm slightly it would slenderize her torso. You could probably have her lean more to the right which would cover the blanket area

JMO and no offense
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited May 7, 2007
    edited May 7, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    Like your composition, and although this is going to sound picky...I have a problem with the feet...Her big toe is coming off of the edge of the shoe...I know this sounds strange, but because I work with so many females this is one of things I watch out for...in another one, the toe is poking out and you can see right thru the arch of her foot, if I were to choose one of your compositions it would be number 3 and I would reposition her back hand to the wall in a little higher position than her left to show off and enhance the curvature of her silohuette in the pic., by raising her arm slightly it would slenderize her torso. You could probably have her lean more to the right which would cover the blanket area

JMO and no offense
    Fixed the toe..., now how does it look. Tomorrow night will be the last reshoot, if I don't get any more keepers, most probably its going to be this or the defeat shot!
    150511963-L.jpg
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    personally I think a strong silhouette shot of a person should silhouette the facial features... Your shots are great! clap.gif

Winston
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    Hi
    I think if I had to choose, I like "Defeat" but more so because it shows the facial silohuette and has a strong stand, even without seeing her face, the emotion is expressed in her stance. (sound strange??).

Like your other one, but it does not show facial silohuette (outline) which looks like a black circle? I love the translucency of the shawl around her waistline and how it drapes her leg, with the candle, to me it indicates a "Come Hither" sort of mood.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote