Options

Summer: Interpretation with model

igoforitigoforit Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited May 7, 2007 in People
It has been a long time that I have posted some of my pictures.
Here is a shot called "Summer" with some crops. It is part of a series "The 4 seasons". All are done with 5D and 24-105.
Model is Melissa van Hoydonck and Helena Van Meer took care of the make up.
147925109-L.jpg
and a crop (not yet 100%)
149703385-L.jpg
and a 100% crop
149703379-L.jpg
Looking forward to your feedback and comments,
Jos

Comments

• Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2007
    Your pictures and model are beautiful. But I'm not sure that the makeup says "summer". I only got summer from your text. Not that I really know what "Summer" makeup would look like though, other than maybe a nose covered in Zinc Oxide. Maybe with the Fall, Winter, and Spring portraits present it would be more apparent. Or if you were to add other visual clues such as a swimsuit, sunglasses, or an outdoor background.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Nice images, beautiful model, and excellent lighting and technique. Well done.

Somethings to think about:
    • When the page loaded, the first thought that came to mind is "road rash". The sand, or whatever it is, on her forehead doesn't do it for me.
    • You have a couple of wardrobe issues. (1) there appears to be a portion of her bra showing in the "V" of her top and (2) bra line showing on the near side of her near breast.
    • Her left shoulder looks a little strange, like it is being pulled forward. I think, if you allow her to open the angle to the camera just a bit you will get a more complimentary pose.
    Just my thoughts - for what they're worth.
  • Options
    igoforitigoforit Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    Thanks
    Thanks for your honest feedback.

I appreciate that the make-up is a bit "unusual" and that not everyone likes it, but that is what we have choosen to do.

I am preparing a new verison of the picture, with the make-up even more emphasized - it may not be your cup of tea.

Actually, I am reworking the complete series and even replacing one of the pictures completely. I need a bit more time for that.

Thanks again,
    Jos
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    Being nit-picky here, but the bra showing at the right breast is odd in this case, as is the bra line on her left.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    I love the lighting, makeup, and model. The close-up shots work particularily well.

On the full face shots, I'd suggest getting her to angle her head just a bit-- 99-percent of people look better when their faces are photographed at a slight angle-- people generally need a thin, angular face to pull off the straight-on-to-the-camera look.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+