LPS #5 Try

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited May 7, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I thought I'd give LPS #5 a try. I took this last night when these folks were reeling in their catch. On the little island where these folks are standing is the last shad fishery left on the Delaware River (between NJ and PA). A shad is a type of river herring.

149813293-L.jpg

Comments

• NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    I thought I'd give LPS #5 a try. I took this last night when these folks were reeling in their catch. On the little island where these folks are standing is the last shad fishery left on the Delaware River (between NJ and PA). A shad is a type of river herring.

149813293-L.jpg

.....beautiful! Great picture....hope you get other positive responses!

clap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    Maureen
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Linda,
    richtersl wrote:
    Very nice material, but I think it's not there yet. My first instinct it to crop the top and leave only the pullers and their reflections, kinda making it a pano..
    Very good shot otherwise! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Very nice material, but I think it's not there yet. My first instinct it to crop the top and leave only the pullers and their reflections, kinda making it a pano..
    Very good shot otherwise! thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif It might give the image more impact.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Thanks for your feedback, folks! :D

I never thought about trying a crop. But here is one version. When I look at it, I'm not sure if the reflected lights add or detract. headscratch.gif

149949410-L-1.jpg
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Very nice shot, Linda. In the full frame shot the background draws the eye away from the fishing line. I prefer the pano and don't find the reflected lights bothersome at all. It looks to me as though there are a couple of kids on the shore. A closeup of them plus a few adults would also be excellent. Maybe a crop that cuts off the left one third of the photo (assuming you have enough pixels). Just my 2 cents worth. It is really an excellent capture.

Virginia

Email
    edited May 6, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Thanks for your feedback, folks! :D

I never thought about trying a crop. But here is one version. When I look at it, I'm not sure if the reflected lights add or detract. headscratch.gif

You're correct about the lights, but they very easy to kill in post :-) deal.gif
    edited May 6, 2007
    I'm on the fence regarding the lights. You might try removing them and then choosing the one that pleases you the most.

www.studioTphotos.com

----Ruth Ann Schubacker
    edited May 6, 2007
    OK, I tried compromising on the lights by lessening their glare. Decided to try color & BW versions:

150232615-L.jpg

150228535-L.jpg

Then I decided to have some fun and try fooling around with another photo I took that same evening:

#3 (with slight blur)
    150228479-L.jpg

#4 (without blur)
    150228389-L.jpg
    edited May 6, 2007
    Linda,
    I like new #1 clap.gif
    edited May 7, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I like new #1 clap.gif
    Thanks! Now that I'm looking at it on a different monitor I think I like #1 too. I've decided to go ahead with it. mwink.gif
    edited May 7, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    I like new #1 clap.gif

15524779-Ti.gif

www.studioTphotos.com

----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    Thanks! Now that I'm looking at it on a different monitor I think I like #1 too. I've decided to go ahead with it. mwink.gif
    Looks great Linda!!!!thumb.gif
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    i like your new #1,
    the color version. Though I also like the b/w one, for the challenge I lean more toward color.

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341