Pink Dress

phyfer1phyfer1 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited February 9, 2005 in People
I'm still trying, appreciate all comments.

Comments

• pseudonympseudonym Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    phyfer1

I like that pic dude, the light's great and the windswept hair and litte bit of chop coming in from behind the lady gives a pretty cool 'action' to it.

maybe, if you can with your gear (I know I can't with mine :)), have the background a little more out of focus, this might draw a bit more attention straight to the subject.

(just for clarity I don't really know that I am talking about but I have been reading up since I joined Dgrin :D)

overall I think it'a a sweet shot.

Colin
  • BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    Nice shot, I would say move her to the left a bit, get her away from the middle and rotate the horizion a few degrees to straighten it out. Great shot, I want to be there!!!!
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 8, 2005
    Your colors are great and the pic is nice and sharp. I would've shifted the camera left and down a bit so she were on the right with the white caps framed to the left and a little more rock showing. I might have lost the necklace too.
  • phyfer1phyfer1 Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2005
    Thanks for all the comments. I now realize that everything doesn't have to be centered.

Tina
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    phyfer1 wrote:
    Thanks for all the comments. I now realize that everything doesn't have to be centered.

Tina

It's actually preferable to have nothing centered. :)

Grab a cup of hot chocolate and have a gander at this website for some composition tips.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    phyfer1 wrote:

Tina
    This realization will take you up a great leap in you photos. To me, the hallmark of an amateurish photo is the lone subject directly in the middle of the frame with the face directly in the center. This makes good snapshots, but engaging photos typically do not follow this layout.

mitch
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2005
    phyfer, for a shot like that, you might consider flipping the camera. There's a reason they call it "portrait" orientation. naughty.gif Have your framing match your subject. She's a vertical subject, and vertical subjects usually (not always) look better with vertical framing. Get closer and fill the frame with her, see how it works out for you.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au