Watermark question

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited May 7, 2007 in SmugMug Support
So what happens if i load 2 photos into an album...one is full normal size from a 30D & the other is about for instance 1/4 size due to me cropping it.

If i go to add my watermark it will be fine on the normal photo but massive on the crop photo.

Anyway around it to keep it small 7 neat as it will be on the normal sized shot ?

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    gus wrote:
    So what happens if i load 2 photos into an album...one is full normal size from a 30D & the other is about for instance 1/4 size due to me cropping it.

If i go to add my watermark it will be fine on the normal photo but massive on the crop photo.

Anyway around it to keep it small 7 neat as it will be on the normal sized shot ?
    You can put a different watermark on each photo if you like. Upload a couple
    different ones for each size.

Whoa, just checked one of my galleries and I have some full frame
    and some big crops and the watermark looks the same on all.headscratch.gif
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    Allen wrote:

Whoa, just checked one of my galleries and I have some full frame
    and some big crops and the watermark looks the same on all.headscratch.gif

Tks allen...anyone know whats up here ?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Tks allen...anyone know whats up here ?
    Hey Gus,

We scale the watermarks. If you watermark a 1000x1500 pixel image, the watermark should look the same as on a 2000x3000 pixel image.

The watermarks are fitted/scaled within the image, so it may look different on a square image as opposed to a rectangular image.

Hope this helps.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Hey Gus,

We scale the watermarks. If you watermark a 1000x1500 pixel image, the watermark should look the same as on a 2000x3000 pixel image.

The watermarks are fitted/scaled within the image, so it may look different on a square image as opposed to a rectangular image.

Hope this helps.
    Tks mate...i will try it again.