LPS#5 - Is the translucent?

pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
edited May 8, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Technically an eye is translucent - it lets light through. Do you agree? :scratch Does this photo work? :scratch Thanks.

489026998_3cddb85c52_o.jpg
"Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
My images | My blog | My free course

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    pemmett wrote:
    Technically an eye is translucent - it lets light through. Do you agree? headscratch.gif Does this photo work? headscratch.gif Thanks.

Techically yes... But I can't see that from the image... great shot though, I just don't think, "translucent" when I see it, I might think "sillhouette of an eye"... any way, just one opinion out fo many out there...

Winston
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2007
    I agree with Winston. Without explanation I wouldn't think translucent when looking at this photo. Also, for me, the glare on the skin below the eye draws my eye away from the subject's eye and those beautiful eye lashes. Very nice use of limited DOF, btw.

Virginia

Email
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007

Techically yes... But I can't see that from the image... great shot though, I just don't think, "translucent" when I see it, I might think "sillhouette of an eye"... any way, just one opinion out fo many out there...

Winston

Technically the eyes are transparent, not translucent. Something is translucent if it trasmits light diffusely, which means you can't see through it. Aside from that, there is nothing about this shot which draws my attention to the transparent nature of the eye.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    Technically the eyes are transparent, not translucent. Something is translucent if it trasmits light diffusely, which means you can't see through it. Aside from that, there is nothing about this shot which draws my attention to the transparent nature of the eye.

I stand corrected, you are absolutely right! just like a lens...:D how silly of me rolleyes1.gif

Winston