A "+" added to filenames

warrenwarren Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited May 10, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I've noticed that all my filenames have magically gained a "+" (a plus sign, without the quotes). For example, "12345" is now "+12345". Other Smugmug sites I've checked also have had their filenames prefixed with a "+". Any idea why?

Thanks.
Warren
Smugmug page is at Toronto photographer

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    warren wrote:
    I've noticed that all my filenames have magically gained a "+" (a plus sign, without the quotes). For example, "12345" is now "+12345". Other Smugmug sites I've checked also have had their filenames prefixed with a "+". Any idea why?

Thanks.
    Warren
    Hi Warren wave.gif

Where do you see this +? Do you have an example for me so I can have a look? Thanks!
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    Ivar, It looks like all of mine have the + in the file name. I don't know when it started, sorry.
    http://photos.lmsportspix.com/gallery/2520364
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    Same here! And I didn't change anything in my customizations so it may be a global phenomenon.

Sebastian

EDIT: I also have the problem that the filenames don't show up even though I added the #fileNameBoxWrapper code. I had it turned on for months, but apparently they just don't show - see here. I made them show up by adding the wrapper code again in Firefox Web Developer tools, so at some point in the smugmug code they seem to be overridden.
    Any idea what's the problem?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2007
    Same here! And I didn't change anything in my customizations so it may be a global phenomenon.

Sebastian

EDIT: I also have the problem that the filenames don't show up even though I added the #fileNameBoxWrapper code. I had it turned on for months, but apparently they just don't show - see here. I made them show up by adding the wrapper code again in Firefox Web Developer tools, so at some point in the smugmug code they seem to be overridden.
    Any idea what's the problem?

Bug reported internally, we'll get it fixed.... Sorry guys!

Sebastian, see anything wrong here... check your comment code you are missing a */
    Fix that, in your CSS and you'll be all fine.

:)

/* show filenames with January 2007 release + set caption color
    #fileNameBoxWrapper {display: block;}
    #fileNameBox {color: #1963AA;}
    edited May 8, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Bug reported internally, we'll get it fixed.... Sorry guys!

Sebastian, see anything wrong here... check your comment code you are missing a */
    Fix that, in your CSS and you'll be all fine.

:)
    Ouch, looks like I could have killed my whole CSS section when I added this a couple months ago. :D

Thanks Andy!

All the best,
    Sebastian

EDIT: Works fine now and I'm sure the plus will disappear soon as well. :)
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • W ThorneW Thorne Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Do we need to anything on our part to correct this problem? I'm still seeing the + sign.

Thanks
    edited May 10, 2007
    W Thorne wrote:
    Do we need to anything on our part to correct this problem? I'm still seeing the + sign.
    Nope, at least that's the way bugs are usually handled (speaking from my view as a user). Of course it takes some time from the initial bug report to the actual fix as all the fixes have to be tested as well on smugmugs internal test server that they don't break other things. In the night from Thursday to Friday smugmug has their weekly maintainance window were changes get rolled out to the public and therefore go live for the whole site.

Just be patient a little more and maybe the plus is gone tomorrow or maybe it takes some more time depending on the work load or difficulty in fixing it which most of the time higher than anyone of us might think.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • W ThorneW Thorne Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if I needed to do something also.